It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2004, 08:07 AM   #1
(female)

NY14482 HB User
12 yr.old daughter IS ALLERGIC TO LIGHTING.INDOOR & SUNLIGHT HELP !!

HI,
MY Daughter WAS Diagnosed WHEN She WAS Around 4,With Myoclonic Jerks & Photic Sensitve Epilepsy.She HAS Sence Been On Med,Depakote,Which They Up,Once A Year Or So.They Did Have HER On A Daily Med.Valproic Acid ??)
NOW She ONLY Takes The Depakote.She Has Had MR'Is/EEGS.That SHOW Seizure Activity.
MY Question IS...WHY Does Lighting/INDOOR AS Well As Outdoor (SUN) BOTHER HER SOOO BADLY??
She Gets Picked ON Daily,With The "GEAR",SHE NEEDS TO WEAR TO PUBLIC SCHOOL (SUNGLASSES & A BASEBALL CAP).
Her Dr's,Here IN NY Dont Know What They Are Doing.
I Cant Stand To See Her,Drop To Her Knees,While THE SUNLIGHT,LIGHTING,IS LIKE A MAGNET TO HER (ON CLOUDY DARK DAYS AS WELL) SHE WILL SHAKE HER HEAD UNCONTROLABLY,UNTIL Someone REMOVES HER FROM THE LIGHT.
While IN The Phase,SHE CANNOT HEAR/RESPOND TO YOU.
I JUST HATE SEEING MY KID THIS WAY & WANTED ANY ADVISE OUT THERE & IF ANYONE ELSE HAS A CHILD WITH THESE HEALTH ISSUES.
I JUST WANT MY DAUGHTER TO LIVE.... A LONG LIFE... AND I DONT SEE THAT,THE WAY SHE IS NOW.
DRS EVEN TOLD US,IF IT WAS IN THE 70.'S Still,They Would Of Diagnossed Her As Retarded. %%**$#%@#@# IS WHAT I HAD TO SAY IN RETURN !!
SHE IS SO SMART!! YES,IN SPECIAL ED,BUT STILL MY BABY...
PLEASE,ANY ADVICE,OR OTHER PARENTS WITH KIDS WITH THESE ISSUES,Email Me.
~ Thank You ~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2004, 11:07 AM   #2
Veteran

Blondee15 HB User
Re: 12 yr.old daughter IS ALLERGIC TO LIGHTING.INDOOR & SUNLIGHT HELP !!

I'm allergic to UV rays my dermatologist suggested this one sunscreen, you can't buy it in the US, but it's approved in like England.. it's liek Mecsoral or something(I have no idea how to spell it!) & it's 100 SPF. Might be an idea.. hope that helps some

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2004, 12:26 AM   #3
(female)

balivion HB User
Re: 12 yr.old daughter IS ALLERGIC TO LIGHTING.INDOOR & SUNLIGHT HELP !!

My Aunt takes Depakote, or did anyway they just took her off of it. And on the list of side effects sun sensitivity is one of the major side effects. I am not sure what actually causes it, but I do know that even in the "best pills worst pills" book that I have it lists sun sensitivity as a reaction to Depakote.

Closed Thread