It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2004, 08:43 AM   #1
(female)

Erin122 HB User
Question Alergies or the flu or BOTH

Hey guys I am very sick right now. I know the flu is going around right nowbut I'll give you my symtoms. Usually I know my body so well I can pin point it right out, but not this time. here goes.

It started out a couple of days ago with slight slight slight second long pains in my ear. NO big deal. I lived through it. lol.
One of these nights I came home and was going to the bathroom (this is imbarrassing, but dont tell me you dont do it.) I waaas looking at myself in the mirror talking to myself, making faces all fine and everything. Then all of the sudden my face went completley white, my lips were chalky, and I just threw up right in the trash thank God.Then I was fine for a day.

Then yesterday around 3:00 my throat started to get tight and my ears were hurting, by last night my throat felt like it was going to close up on me and my ears were so sore.

Now today, too sick for work. I feel like ****. I have body ache. My head feels like saturn , and I've been getting so dizzy. Also one minute I'm hot then the next I'm cold.

So does anyone know what I might have if its Alergies, the Flu, or maybe even both. I donno.

Old 12-14-2004, 09:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Alergies or the flu or BOTH

The painful ear(s) is worrying. Are BOTH of your ears sore? Is your throat sore? Is your neck sore? Are any glands on the side of your neck swollen?

The first thing that comes to mind is a possible ear infection, which could cause dizziness, which in turn could cause nausea.

Painful ears are not usually the first sign of allergies or the flu, IMHO.

Are you going to go check it out with a doctor?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2004, 07:26 PM   #3
(female)

Erin122 HB User

Yeah it's in both ears, but one ear is more painful then the other one. I have swollen glands, and I can barley move my neck. Throat is sore also, but more tight then sore. I dont think I ever had a really bad sore throat after my tonsils were removed.

It actually started with ear pain though, but it would only hurt for like 5 sec, and then go away. Now its hurting constantly.
I was wondering why I was feeling very dizzy today, usually im strong to that stuff. I rarely get dizzy. Yes I will see a doctor, hes only around the corner so it's very easy to get there.
Thanks for caring

Old 12-15-2004, 10:36 PM   #4
Veteran

Blondee15 HB User

actually for me, my ears hurting are one of the first signs of my allergies flaring... then again I have severe ETD & dizziness & my ears hurting usually means my eustachian tube swelled up shut & now i've got fluid in my ears... kind of frustrating lol. it can be quite debilitating. sounds like strep if you ask me though, strep for me always settles in my ears along with my throat & itll hurt for to move my neck b/c my throat will be that swollen & raw. my throat tends to swell completely shut though during strep- if you have ETD can happen I guess. well I would see the doctor in any case.

Closed Thread