It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2004, 01:45 PM   #1
(male)

JWilson43 HB User
Question Allergic one week and not the next?

Why am I allergic as heck to my animals (and other allergy-inducing things) one week and the next week I could inhale a basket of fur and still feel great?. It's always been like this with me and yet I've never been able to figure it out. Does it go in cycles where certain other factors have to enter into the equation before the allergy to my pets kicks in or what?.

Oh, I've been diagnosed with Acute Sinusitis and Allergic Rhinitis and my WHOLE family is one big allergy (everyone has them really bad). Check it out...

* Eyes watery for awhile and then dry. Watery and then dry, etc.
* Pin-***** or sharp headaches that occur only on ONE SIDE and last for just a second.
* Nose runs slightly almost all the time.
* Head feels kind of foggy/swirly and eyes feel buggy sometimes.
* It can get pretty BAD!

I've never posted here but it's always been in the back of my mind to ask about this in here. Thank's again!!

Old 12-19-2004, 02:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User
Re: Allergic one week and not the next?

Well, I'll take a stab at this question...I think it has something to do with your "allergic threshold" (not sure if that's what it's called...but it works something like this.) For example: You're exposed to a dog for a short period of time--no problem. But then you're in a dusty place--you're nose starts to run. Each allergen you are exposed to agrivates your symptoms a little more. And if on a given day, you were just exposed to one of those allergens, you may have no symptoms. Make since? I don't know if I explained that very good--but that's my guess. Plus, you might not have all symptoms all the time.

Last edited by Midget; 12-19-2004 at 02:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2004, 02:22 PM   #3
(male)

JWilson43 HB User

Yes Midget, I think you did an outstanding job of answering that one. Good point. Allergies do seem to have an accumulative affect in that if you are exposed to a single allergen, you might not even notice but if you are exposed to multiple allergens accumulatively or simultaneously, it tends to overwhelm you. Season and temperature also play a role I'm sure. What you said makes perfect sense!.

- Thank's and regrads

Old 12-19-2004, 02:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

Yeah, weather, temperature, seaons, etc...do seem to play a role too. I forgot to mention that.

Old 12-20-2004, 12:35 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

I agree with the other posts, but it could also be that you actually have chronic sinusitis. This happened to me, where one week, I'd be okay, and the next week, I'd have massive PND. The weather, temperature, and even your allergy symptoms can cause sinusitis to either go dormant for a while, or go crazy.

Closed Thread