It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2004, 09:00 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

makesally HB User
Talking Allergic Rhinisis and Mental Cloudiness

My doctor diagnosed me with Allergic Rhinitis a month ago. He looked up my nose and said the bone was blue. I've been on Sitrex, Cipro (the most expensive yeast infection ever), Allegra, and Allegra D. Nothing seems to kick it. I have a lump/pain in my throat and some pain in my nose (bridge) and eyebrows, along with extra creases in my eyelids. I constantly feel foggyheaded and disconnected and somewhat light sensititive. It takes a while for my eyes to adjust, and when they do I don't feel like my usual self. They also feel "sticky" is the far corner, closest to my ear. Does eye function have a corrilation to the nose? My ears feel full, ring, and sometimes hurt behind and underneath the lobe. Worse at night. I feel like I'm in a dream. I've been staying with my friend who owns a kitty. I am somewhat allergic to cats, but i've lived around them for years and no sickness like this has ever happened before. The other night I was around a long-hair and I began wheezing. I'm really freaked out, I want to feel like myself again. Any advice??? I'm terrified this is something nerological. Are they any nutrients or vitamins I might be deficant in? I'm also a heavy drinker. I start college in less then a month. Help!
:

Last edited by makesally; 12-24-2004 at 09:07 AM.

Old 12-29-2004, 05:26 PM   #2
Veteran

reader1 HB User
Re: Allergic Rhinisis and Mental Cloudiness

It sounds like you have a bad sinus infection. I've had many sinus infections and had most or all of those symptoms. You have to cut down on the drinking when you have these symptoms because of the dehydrating effects of alcohol. Lots of water and hot tea and soup will help thin the mucus and get you draining faster.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2005, 02:28 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

makesally HB User

stupid cats

Old 04-17-2005, 05:33 PM   #4
(female)

MumblyGumby HB User

Hi Sally

Sorry that you are having so many troubles. You may have a few things going on there. Allergies can lead to really bad sinus infection - I would get that worked on right away. You may need to get to another doc to get it treated.

Second - clean living. You didn't mention if you were still drinking and using epephedra - but my advice is to stop. You may want to mention this to your doctor - I wonder if there are withdrawl effects that are bothering you? Also ephedra is a chinese herbal for sinus problems - if you have recently stopped using it -and your sinuses are bad - you may now really be feeling the symptoms that the ephedra was covering up.

finally - panic attacks and some of the other things you mention can be part of depression. Often we need help with that also. Again - you will need a good doc that can help you sort all of this out.

But be brave!!!! You will get better with proper care. Let me know how it goes - I have suffered from many of the same things. Bad sinuses, panic episodes - I never tried ephedra.

Mumbly

Old 04-17-2005, 05:42 PM   #5
(male)

rIcHrD HB User

It's unlikely to be neurological. I thought I was the only one who felt mildly foggy headed with a permanent nasal congestion. Antibiotics might do you some good if its bacterial.

Closed Thread