HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Allergies (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/allergies/)
-   -   Somnoplasty for Chronic Nasal Obstruction (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/allergies/238242-somnoplasty-chronic-nasal-obstruction.html)

Healthy.J 01-03-2005 09:36 AM

Somnoplasty for Chronic Nasal Obstruction

Has anyone ever gone through this procedure for swollen turbinates and did it work for you? I have nasal obstruction for the second time, and I'm thinking about using this method to "cure" it.

CheerAngel 01-06-2005 07:10 AM

Re: Somnoplasty for Chronic Nasal Obstruction

I didn't have this procedure to reduce my turbinates, how does this method works? Btw, can I ask what was the method you had the first time you went to reduce your turbinates and how did a 2nd nasal obstruction occur? Does somnoplasty hurt as bad as the traditional method? :confused:

sneezydiva 01-07-2005 12:54 AM

I had my one of my right turbinate reduced as part of my sinus surgery. My surgery was very sucessful. And even with the packing in my nose, I could breath better out of my right nostril immediately.

CheerAngel 01-09-2005 09:19 AM

[QUOTE=sneezydiva]I had my one of my right turbinate reduced as part of my sinus surgery. My surgery was very sucessful. And even with the packing in my nose, I could breath better out of my right nostril immediately.[/QUOTE]

How did you manage to breathe thru those packings? I had to use my mouth! There just weren't any space for air to come out or in with the packings in both my noses... heez... :cool:

sneezydiva 01-09-2005 02:04 PM

:) LOL I don't know. I mean I could feel the packing in there but I could breathe through it somewhat, whereas before surgery that nostril was completely blocked

CheerAngel 01-10-2005 07:05 AM

LOL... maybe there are gaps or tubes running along the packing so you could breathe. I can feel that my right nose is starting to block a little again which I feel sad and disappointed about. I certainly don't want to go thru the surgery again. Let me know if you are going to have the somnoplasty and how it works. :angel:

sihouzi 08-03-2005 08:27 AM

Just had the procedure one month back recovering quite well ... the process was a short one ... now breathing better than in the past when my nose was fully blocked >.<

The Inquirer 08-03-2005 07:07 PM

How does somnoplasty differ from regular endoscopic sinus surgery? Just curious here, as I don't know anything about it...

Thanks,
Inq

HarajukuGurl2005 08-05-2005 08:04 AM

im just guessing. i did have limited ess, though. my right maxillary sinus had a bit of mucus in it, so they had to clean it out. i think ess is just for unblocking/ cleaning out any infected sinus cavities. somnoplasty is specifically for the turbinates.