It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2005, 12:15 PM   #1
(female)

dreamharp HB User
Supplements For Mold Allergy

What would be good supplements for mold allergies? I'm looking for something
for the immune system that really works.

Thanks

Dreamharp

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2005, 04:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User
Re: Supplements For Mold Allergy

Allergy shots is the best immunotherapy for a mold allergy.

Halls

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2005, 08:58 PM   #3
(female)

Allegory HB User

Hey Dreamharp, all healing with supplements is very individual, especially with allergies.

Best to seek personal advice from a healthcare professional if you really want something to 'really work'.

There are loads you can do to help reduce mold in your enviroment though. Burning antiseptic essential oils such as eucalyptus and tea tree will help, or these in a room spray to help kill mold spores in the air.

Old 01-08-2005, 12:26 AM   #4

Lady Madonna HB User

Supposedly HEPA filters get rid of mold spores. I've just recently started wiping my windows & window tracks periodically (I should do it daily). I live in a very damp climate, and when it's cold outside, the old windows get lots of condensation built up.

We have 2 HEPA filters in the house. I do notice that they work really well on smells, so it must be doing something. Another thing we have are DRIZAIR (?), little things you put crystals in that absorb moisture out of the air and it collects into a bowl....then you empty it. They sell them in sporting goods at walmart.

-Lady

Old 01-08-2005, 06:36 PM   #5
Inactive

kerry1 HB User

I moved far away - to an arid region of the U.S. where mold is scarce.

Also, have you eliminated moldy foods from your diet? Lots of food has hidden mold and can lower your threshold for environmental mold. Avoid fruits that get mold on them. Berries taste great, for instance, but the fresh ones always have mold on them. Try the frozen kind if you really like them. Oranges can trigger stuffy sinuses. I would avoid all fruit juice if I were you, esp. the commercial bottled or frozen kind - that may sound drastic but boyyy did it ever help me. Avoid mushrooms. Avoid dairy products altogether -cheese has lots of mold and commercial dairy products are just plain bad for you anyway. Milk can cause nasty congestion, and ice cream is a big no-no for anybody with any kind of allergies. Drink a lot of plain water to keep your sinuses & digestive tract "moving". Try to avoid sugar (hardest for me) - it "ferments" inside you. Avoid alcohol, esp. wine and beer. I've found that Vitamin C in large quantities is helpful for fighting allergy symptoms. Good luck!!

Can anybody really live like this? YES! I do, except for the sugar limitation (I'm working on it) and I feel tremendously better.

Old 01-09-2005, 03:08 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

I know grapefruit seed extract is supposed to be anti-fungal. But I don't know if taking it would help you, since mold allergy is different than a fungal infection. I've seen this device in the National Allergy catalog that looks like a room air freshener that disperses grapefruit seed extract in the air. I've been debating about get one for my bathroom. HEPA filters help reduce mold also.

Closed Thread