It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2005, 03:00 PM   #1
(female)

palominogirl HB User
anyone tried toby's nose filters?

Has anyone tried toby's nose filter's, they are supposed to block allergens from getting up your nose and causing allergic reactions. Sounds too good to be true. I have tried face masks and gauze rolled up and stuck up my nose. I have a real allergy problem when I feed hay to my horses or read magazines etc. anything that has fumes or pollen.

Old 02-16-2005, 11:34 AM   #2
(female)

Cocoleone HB User
Re: anyone tried toby's nose filters?

My b/f sometimes uses an industrial mask to block out allergens in the air. Like the kind you would use on a construction site...He has terribly violent airborne allergies, year-round and doesn't like the side effects of taking medication though has tried Zyrtec, flonase, claritin, reactine. In the spring, fall and summer it's tree/pollen allergies and hayfever, in the winter, being cooped up indoors with the cat does him in (but he loves the cat so that's not going to change) and also in the winter it's of course cold & flu season, so there's almost never a time when he's not dealing with prolonged fits of sneezing.

I 've never heard of Toby nose filters. What are they?

Last edited by Cocoleone; 02-16-2005 at 11:34 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2005, 02:44 PM   #3
(female)

palominogirl HB User

I bought some and tried them, they look like little plastic plugs connected together. They have filters in the plugs. They open your breathing passages like the Breathe Easy tapes only from the inside. They are too big for my nose. Plus I guess it doesn't really help just using the filters in your nose cause the pollen, etc gets in your mouth and eyes too. I have tried just about everything there is, including trying to avoid everything. Which is impossible. I am having an allergy attack right now in fact.

Old 02-16-2005, 09:38 PM   #4
(female)

Cocoleone HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by palominogirl
I bought some and tried them, they look like little plastic plugs connected together. They have filters in the plugs. They open your breathing passages like the Breathe Easy tapes only from the inside. They are too big for my nose. Plus I guess it doesn't really help just using the filters in your nose cause the pollen, etc gets in your mouth and eyes too. I have tried just about everything there is, including trying to avoid everything. Which is impossible. I am having an allergy attack right now in fact.
Palominogirl, I've never seen them, but I will check the pharmacy for them. Are they working for you in terms of reducing allergy symptoms at all???

Old 02-17-2005, 05:01 AM   #5

EWF HB User

palominogirl -- You mentioned that you've tried a face mask. Has it helped at all? If not, are you sure the mask is completely sealed around your face when you're wearing it? When I used to wear a mask -- at all times when outdoors -- I used to have to tape the edges of the mask to my face so that there would be a complete seal. Otherwise, even tiny areas of air coming in on the sides and bottom of the mask would trigger attacks. I also resorted to layering the masks. I used one thick allergy filter layer (hard to explain - found it on-line from Canada) sandwiched between two dust masks. It was a little stuffy in there! , but that's what did the trick.

Last edited by EWF; 02-17-2005 at 05:08 AM.

Closed Thread