It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2005, 03:15 AM   #1
(male)

kiran4hari HB User
Question suffering from urticaria for around a year, help me.

Hi,

I am male aged 23, i have been suffering from urticaria, with hives on all over my body, sometimes with itching and four times i faced lip swelling. i tried allopathy but the doctor said i have to use them continuously, i asked the doctor about the permanent cure, but to me surprise i got the reply "it can not be cured permanently by these medicines".

i heard that homeopathy is the right medicine for these and used them, they worked well for two months but after stopping the medicine by the doctors advice i got them again but with a bit severe this time and not under control of the medicine i used earlier. so doctor changed the medicine but of no use.first i used Rhustox and sulphur, and the changed medicine is Apis and Sulphur. i just searched for the right medicine, now i am using homeopathy medicine., they are also not working for me. still i am getting them.

i got worried after seeing some threads in this board, they may become severe. please let me know a right solution and save me from this problem.

i dont think that this came from the food i take. usually i get them at night and they will disappear after some time, most of the hives coming are in my skin color and with irregular shape and size. when ever they start coming i started taking cetrizine or Avil (Anti histamines). is there any way to stop these with or without medication let me know. i am a pure vegetarian and i dont smoke and drink, i dont have any asthama related problems.

Thanks And Reagards,

Kiran

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2005, 05:39 PM   #2
(male)

Hogan Grimm123 HB User
Re: suffering from urticaria for around a year, help me.

Hi kiran,

When a person has urticaria it is very hard to find what works best to stop it from happening. Basicly it is keep on searching until you find what works. The only problem is after a while your body will build up an immunity to what ever you find that works. I have done a lot of research on urticaria because I grew tired of never getting answers from doctors.

For one it is very difficult to pinpoint what is causing the reactions because it seems like you are reacting to everything. What happens is that a chain reaction begins to happen the more you have reactions and you build up what is called an over accumulation of mast cells which in turn makes the body produce a lot of IgE anti-bodies and then you have an all out war inside you.

I don't have a lot of time to go into this but I will get back to you very soon. I suffered from urticaria, and delayed pressure urticaria along with a lot of other allergies for five years and I am now so far for almost a year free of it. I will help you all I can and mabe what worked for me might work for you.

Hogan Grimm123

Old 01-22-2005, 10:20 PM   #3
(female)

HAIRDOER HB User

Hi kiran and sorry you have joined the rest of us. No cure, yet. That is right but there may be some things you could try to help you. I had the best luck with sulfasalizine and am now doing Neoral. I will add more about that on the other thread later but wanted to say hi to ya. Not sure what country you live in so the meds there may be different than the states.

Well, Hogey. I have been wondering what happened to ya. Nice to see you are still alive. Figured you had left this board for good. I'm well into 3 years of urticaria now and still waiting on your wise words. So come on, spill the beans. Whats you magic potion that fixed your mast cells? I'm a waiten. I am heading to Florida this week so hurry up would ya. Gonna go see if I can catch a gator or two while I am there.

Old 01-23-2005, 09:46 PM   #4
(male)

Hogan Grimm123 HB User

Hello Hairdoer,
Sorry to hear that you are still suffering, and yes it has been a long time since I have been here. I had to reregister to so I could post again. Well, to the point. I know it has been a while but I did post a lot of my research on what I did to help mysefy get rid of the urticaria. Remember I posted about enzymes and amino acid.

All the answers are in those posts about what to do. You have to get your body in balance. I know it sounds weird, but think about it, you have had every test done under the sun and still no answers, but logic dictates that something has got to be wrong so what does someone do if there is no cause found? You do the only thing you can, you start by getting your body back in balance. It doesn't matter if you don't know what is causing it because once balance is restored you body will fix itself.

Start out with the enzymes. amylease, protease, lypase, lactase. Don't take any vitamines at first, just the enzymes. Give it about six weeks, see if there is any improvement. If there is that means your body is beginning to digest and absorb nutrients better. once that happens then start slowly introducing vitamines. Make sure that what you are taking is as allergy free as possible, including the enzymes. Watch your diet. Try just eating one kind of food for a few days. if you are still breaking out try another kind of food.

You see once you have an over accumulation of mast cells your body begins to react aginst almost everything. You first have to get those down.
Well I hope that helps. you can still find my research if you go back through the posts. And to answer a question to the last person who posted in that thread. Yes enzymes are in pill form.

By the way I have been Hive free for almost a year now.

Hogan Grimm123 AKA Hogan Grimm

Old 01-25-2005, 10:10 PM   #5

angel monkey HB User

so Hogan,

Would you just go and ask for the amylase pill or what? I have 7 of the 8 symptoms you mentioned for the deficiany of this.

Old 01-26-2005, 06:00 AM   #6
(male)

Hogan Grimm123 HB User

Hello Angel,

What you need to do is look for a supplement containing at least those enzymes. You can find them at any health food store. try to find a brand that doesn't contain any dye or additives you may be allergic to. I know these days thats kinda hard to do.

When I get back later today I will post more about what to look for.

Hogan Grimm123

Old 01-27-2005, 03:29 AM   #7
(male)

Hogan Grimm123 HB User

Ok Angel, sorry it took me a little longer.

Make sure the enzymes you take are as follows, amylase, protease, lipase, lactase, phytase, cellulase, sucrase, and maltase. If you want to know what these are for you can look at a thread I started a long time ago called another hives thread. In that thread I give detailed information on what these enzymes do.

I hope that helps.
Hogan Grimm123

Old 01-30-2005, 11:18 AM   #8

angel monkey HB User

Thanks for the Help Hogan. I am going to try it

Old 01-31-2005, 01:29 AM   #9

basilisk HB User

Not that I disagree with homeopathy (if it works for you, good, but I don't agree with those who think removing 'toxins' is what you need.) but I was always a healthy person (eating, exercise, etc) and started getting hives 2 years ago last december at age 20. My hives were very bad and I would wake up with them every morning with them all over my body except my face. Food elimination and anti-hist's did not work and this lasted for about 12 months. This literally put a hold on my life, as its hard to deal with hives all over (as you know).

Then they started to change (with no change in my lifestyle) into getting hives only from exercise and pressure. Now, 2 years later (I am 22 now) I get the hives ONLY from pressure or heavy exercise. I no longer wake up with them all over and have not had a bad case since I found out I was allergic to allergra (yes, allergic to allegra!) I have learned to limit them now by staying as cool as possible while exercising (avoiding raising my core body temp). I now get just a small rash from exercise and hope that the trend continues and they will go away soon.

So in my case I am lucky to have a decrease in hives, especially after never finding the culprit. It has been 2 years (which is short compared to most) and they have very gradually decreased over the last 12-13 months. So unless you can find a specific allergen (and the FIRST thing you should try is an elimination diet), you may have to settle in for a long fight. :/

Old 01-31-2005, 07:19 PM   #10
(male)

Hogan Grimm123 HB User

Hello basilisk,
I guess I should have been a little more discriptive. Lets look at it this way, if a person develops urticaria for what ever reason it could be a problem that is easy to find the cause of for some. In other cases the cause can be found through a series of extencive tests, and still in others no matter what tests have been done a cause can't be found no matter what.

I happen to have been one of thoughs people that no cause could be found in. But does that mean there was not something causing it? Certainly not. There was definitly something causeing it or I wouldn't have had them at all. Excercising is definitly good for your health, but when you are building your muscles you are not putting nutrients back into you body that helps regenerate your system you are taking them out.

So when you excercise you have to replace the nutrients you have burned. Now what I was saying is you have to take the body as a whole. When all things are working together the body can better repair itself. So lets say everything is working together except one thing but that one thing is so small compared to the millions of other cells that make up the human body, in other words that one cell may be undetectable by what is avalible by medical science.

So now the question is what do we do? We do the only thing we can, we take the body as a whole and do our best to get it back in balance or as close as we can. In doing that we give our body the tools it need to begin repairing and rebuilding and to an extent, regenerating. Another way of thinking of it is this. There are a lot of things a person does without thinking. ie... when you are thirsty and maybe watching tv and have a glass of water, without thinking you take a drink and never miss what is happening on tv.

Now think this way, your body is made up of millions of cells and each cell or group of cells has a specific job and they carry out their function automaticly without you having to tell them what to do. But what if one of them just starts doing something other than what it's supposed to? And since it is a part of you and your body is just enough out of balance it doesn't know to correct the problem. Now i'm not saying that is why people get urticaria, but I think it is a very strong possibility.

It could be other thing things. Lets say you live in a certian area where you constantly get exposed to something. maybe for the first few years you don't have problems, but over a period of time what ever it is begins to weaken your immune system and after a period of time you begin to suffer from the effects of it. Something like that is very difficult to pinpoint because you may not even know you are being exposed to anything.

The bottom line is, when you don't have any answers, you fight back any way you can. and the best way is to give your body the building blocks it needs to fight with, because over a period of time it's ability to defend itself can be weakened and ultimately defeated.

If I need to make anything more clear I will be glad to answer any questions as best I can.

Hogan Grimm123

Closed Thread