It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2005, 06:17 PM   #1
(female)

The Inquirer HB User
Kind of Gross, But Need to Ask

Hi All,

I was at the ENT today and,of course, my left side is infected (apparently the 6+ weeks of antibiotics I finished up just before Christmas couldn't hold me for even 4 weeks -- surgery is scheduled for Feb. 23rd). Anyway, I always have difficulty getting anything to come out of my nose but the few times I was fortunate enough to get something out, there were like, little blood clots. That doesn't usually happen to me -- should I be concerned? I'm guessing the antibiotic will take care of it, but just thought I'd ask.

Also, how many of you have had your adenoids removed as adults? It's not part of the surgery I have coming up, but I'm just curious if any of you felt that adenoids contributed to your sinus problems.

Thanks and be well,
Inq

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2005, 11:07 PM   #2
(female)

tip2mol HB User
Re: Kind of Gross, But Need to Ask

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the sinus problems. I had sinus surgery a little over a year ago (septoplasty- for a severely deviated septum, and maxillary anstrostomies- openings into the maxillary sinuses). This did help greatly. Although- I still have sinus problems, they are not to the severity that they were. I also had a tonsillectomy 8 months ago due to a strep infection that just kept re-occuring. They usually do not take the adenoids out in adults because by the time that you are an adult the adenoids have pretty much wasted away- there is very little if any left of them, whereas they can be great trouble for a child.

Hope this answers your question!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread