It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2005, 09:44 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

suggi HB User
anyone allergic to rubber-adhesives, etc.??

Hi - I posted before under carba mix but got no input. It is a rubber allergy. Maybe someone would recognize the allergy under rubber - both natural and synthetic rubber.

I surely would like to know if I am the only one in the world. Thanks.

Old 01-26-2005, 11:49 AM   #2
Veteran

Blondee15 HB User
Re: anyone allergic to rubber-adhesives, etc.??

I'm allergic to adhesives of all kinds- tape, bandaids, second skin, all that kinda stuff. Am I glad they banned bandaids in hospitals! hehe.
You are not alone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2005, 11:26 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

suggi HB User
Re: anyone allergic to rubber-adhesives, etc.??

Blondie15 - Hi I'm glad I'm not the only one. I found out through patch testing that carba mix is in almost everything (rubber is in almost everything). Since I can't do synthethic or natural rubber (it's in latex and nitrile also) I need vinyl gloves. It is is medication vial stoppers, scopes in hospitals, syringe plungers, catheters, injection ports in intravascular tubing - you name it - it's there. If you ever get a reaction from a dentists novacaine shot don't be surprised. There it is in the injection vial. Doctors and dentists do not know what's in anything. I did have a reaction to a carbacaine shot when I had a tooth out and have to have another out. I guess all I can do is take Allegra before I go as I can't have the "laughing gas" either. Scary............

Closed Thread