It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2005, 09:00 AM   #1
Inactive

hoffta HB User
Allergy Shots

I was just wondering if anyone else experiences this with their allergy shots...I get three shots a month and always choose the same arms, but am thinking about switching this. I take two shots in the left arm and then one in the right arm. The right arm for some reason gets a hard red lump (welt) and then is very senstive to the touch. It looks and feels bruised. The two shots on the left arm do not bother me nearly as much. Since I am right handed I am thinking I should switch the one shot to the left.

Has anyone else experienced this with their shots? Why would only one shot cause a reaction?

GH

Old 01-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #2
(female)

tip2mol HB User
Re: Allergy Shots

Hi,

Yes, I have experienced this before. For a period of time during the fall- one of the shots in my left arm would become very red- swell and hurt some. It stopped after a couple of months. This was the shot that had my ragweed serum in it- It was also the time of year that our ragweed count here was so high. I did not have any trouble with the other shot in that arm or with the one in my left arm.
It might be that whatever serum that you are receiving in that injection- you are also coming into greater contact with on the outside.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2005, 07:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User

The different shots contain different things. So the one that you are getting in your right arm is one that you are more sensitive to. You should mention this to your doctor or nurse. I had that problem pretty bad and they stepped it back one level and it stopped reacting so bad. Or you can try rotating which arms you get each shot in. But most likely you just need to reduce the dose of that shot slightly.

Old 01-31-2005, 07:44 PM   #4
Inactive

hoffta HB User

Thank you both for your reply. I am going to switch arms and ask the nurse before shots next time.

GH

Closed Thread