I was going to ask you if you had a shellfish/seafood allergy (since that warning is listed on the label) but you said you didn't... I haven't taken it (since I AM allergic) but your reaction sounds like my reaction to shellfish (except it was my palms, I also had puffy lips, hives, and my throat started closing up. My allergy came on suddenly -- I was never allergic and LOVED shellfish, but are some calemari (sp?) at a Christmas party and BAM -- allergic from there on out.
I can't offer a solution... but would recommend some Benedril and calling your doctor. I'd stop taking it immediately too (of course!
Hope this helps!