It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2005, 10:45 AM   #1
(female)

rck213 HB User
Reaction to Glucosamine/Chondroiton?

Anyone ever have itching after taking Glucosamine/Chondroiton? I tried one tablet of OsteoBiFlex and within 20 minutes had itching of the chin,lips and bottom of my feet, then itching around the waistline of my pants. Woke the next morning with swelling of the lower face and bottoms of my feet. Do not have shellfish allergy.

I have Hx of angioedema from medications. Find allergic to some dyes and preservatives also. This was the "cleanest" product I could find around here. Cannot find any reference to any reactions to it online anywhere.

Old 01-30-2005, 04:22 PM   #2
(female)

imhdab HB User
Re: Reaction to Glucosamine/Chondroiton?

Hi,

I was going to ask you if you had a shellfish/seafood allergy (since that warning is listed on the label) but you said you didn't... I haven't taken it (since I AM allergic) but your reaction sounds like my reaction to shellfish (except it was my palms, I also had puffy lips, hives, and my throat started closing up. My allergy came on suddenly -- I was never allergic and LOVED shellfish, but are some calemari (sp?) at a Christmas party and BAM -- allergic from there on out.

I can't offer a solution... but would recommend some Benedril and calling your doctor. I'd stop taking it immediately too (of course! )

Hope this helps!

~Heather

Last edited by imhdab; 01-30-2005 at 04:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2005, 07:46 PM   #3
Inactive

hoffta HB User

I did not take the pill form of these medications, but bought it in liquid form. It had so much salt in it that I swelled up like a balloon. I threw it out after using it a few times.

GH

Old 02-02-2005, 01:42 PM   #4
(female)

rck213 HB User

Is the liquid form the Glucosamine Chloride? My primary physician suggested getting that form. I also feel the tablet binders might be my problem as I react to almost anything in tablet form. All my vitamins are capsules and softgels.
Thanks for the response.

Last edited by rck213; 02-02-2005 at 01:43 PM.

Closed Thread