It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2005, 03:44 PM   #1
(male)

veryfrustrated HB User
Lymph Nodes

Can sinusus, ear infections, or allergies make your lymph nodes hurt?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2005, 03:46 PM   #2
(male)

veryfrustrated HB User
Re: Lymph Nodes

Oh yeah, muscle and joint pain as well?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2005, 03:56 PM   #3
(female)

USCGirl HB User

Hi. This is just my best guess on this, but I went to the doctor Wednesday for an ear infection, allergies, and according to my doctor, my lymph nodes were infected as well. And I know last time I went for allergies, they said my lymph nodes were swollen. So I would assume anytime something swells up it can be painful. It hurt Tuesday when she touched where they were, but I don't recall feeling a lot of pain there before that.
I'm not sure about the joints hurting, but I know I feel kind of achy all over when I don't feel well and I'm running fever. So I would think that the answer to both questions would be yes.
Hope this helps, and sorry if you aren't feeling well.

Old 02-04-2005, 04:11 PM   #4
(male)

veryfrustrated HB User

Thank you for your quick response. I've been to the doctor 3 times, all times he said there isn't an infection, i'm just badly congested which is causing my dizziness and ear aches, my skin is dryer. I know its my wife's cats. I have never been so close to these lil beasts. now i hve been in the same room wiht the for the past 5 months, i think its just taking toll on me. I have always had allergy problems. I made my doc prescribe me antibiotics, i started them today, so hopefully they work .

Old 02-04-2005, 04:13 PM   #5
(male)

veryfrustrated HB User

I'm curious is how my doctor insist i don't have an ear infection, but they h ave been hurting for 3 weeks now. not bad pain just enough for me to know somethings not right with them.

Old 02-04-2005, 04:53 PM   #6
(female)

USCGirl HB User

Yeah, I had that, too, the past two times I went to the doctor. Everytime my ears were hurting really bad, but they kept telling me it was allergies and some kind of eustacheon tube dysfunction thing that they were causing. Well, that's nice to know and all, but I was very surprised I never had an ear infection because they were hurting so much.
This last time was the first time they've also said in addition to the allergies, I had an ear infection and prescribed drops for them, too. I have found when my ear hurts (this is going to sound really wacky, but it does make them feel better-works kind of like a heating pad) is to take some rice, put it in a sock, put the sock in a microwave right before you go to bed and then put it on your pillow when you go to sleep.
Hope you feel better soon.
I'm not sure exactly what you could do about the cats without having to give them away. Air purifiers may work if you haven't used them.

Old 02-04-2005, 05:16 PM   #7
(male)

veryfrustrated HB User

I'll be moving out next week, the cats are coming but at least i'll be in a 3 bedroom townhouse, rahter than a room. Shacked up with the inlaws while we bought a house. I never had a problem with the cats before i guess because the house was wide open. That cats arent allowed to leave our room now. So hopefully things will change. Thanks USC girl. I'm from Pasadena, CA

Closed Thread