It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2005, 07:43 AM   #1

MilkNWheat HB User
wheat Shot Update!!

I think these shots are really working, it's ben 4months now and I'm still going 2x's a week for the shot. I'm starting to notice that I can smell things more so then before and my nose is less clogged up. I will keep doing these shots for at least another 2 months. The doctor said if I keep getting better then we might keep doing the shots even longer. He say's that once I get to a point where I'm not improving anymore and it "levels out" that's when we will stop the shots and start to try eatting wheat products little by little to test the amount my body can handle.

Now, I've tried very hard to cut Wheat out of my diet but it's not that easy... Wheat is almost in everything you eat but for the most part I've done a very good job of cutting it out.

I'll post another update when I have one... any questions feel free to ask

Old 02-20-2005, 04:29 AM   #2
(male)

Zenfish HB User
Re: wheat Shot Update!!

If you have wheat intolerance, then the reason you are improving has nothing to do with the shots. It's because you quit eating wheat.

I have celiac disease - wheat intolerance, not wheat allergies. If you have the same, there's no cure except complete abstinence from wheat gluten. I get reactions from even the tiny amount of food starch in one Bayer aspirin or a vitamin. Even oat meal is bad, and that has only a trace of the gluten that wheat has. A few drops of soy sauce will trigger reactions. Think of wheat and wheat gluten as rat poison - no amount is good.

Read everything you can about celiac disease and the associate eczema on the web. Very few American doctors diagnosis this properly, on average it takes them 10-20 years to eventually discover it in a patient. So you'll need to do it yourself and coach your doctor along.

I had been sick for 43 years prior to me figuring this out. My daughters were sick contiuously for 15 and 18 years respectively: allergies, stuffed nose, asthma, skin rashes in knees and elbows, dry skin, weakness, chronic fatigue, colds every two weeks, bloating, gas, pain...

Good luck, you may have this very common celiac disease. Wheat Gluten-free is difficult, but it's well worth it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2005, 07:50 AM   #3

MilkNWheat HB User
Re: wheat Shot Update!!

Zenfish, thanks for the post... I'll look a little more into celiac disease, how do you get tested for it and what kind of doctor would I go to?

I still eat my pizza and bagles every Friday/Saturday.... so i havn't cut it out 100% I also eat pasta once or twice during a 7 day time span.

I get the most reacations from eating/drinking Milk type products. That's when I bloat, get gas, runny nose. I also have been diginosed with sjogrens syndrom which also has to do with why I have a stuffy nose. Soooooooooo I'm finding out alot of new things this year.

HOpe to hear back from you on my questons and thanks again for posting and good luck to you and yours!

Last edited by MilkNWheat; 02-20-2005 at 07:50 AM.

Closed Thread