It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2005, 10:28 PM   #1
(female)

fubaldo HB User
Strep Uticaria?

My five year old has been plagued by skin issues since he was under a year old. Everything affects his skin. Stress, heat, foods etc. all can cause him to be covered in hives. Now we have this new thing. Went to the er with hives and they do the normal steroid and antihistamine thing but its effective for less than an hour. We go back later because his throat "feels funny" no fever at all and now the hives on his arm are gone but they left broken blood vessels that left him looking he had large patches of hickies all over his arms and legs. They tell me he tested positive for strep and that while unusual this reaction is not unheard of. I can see how the bacteria could cause the hives but this weird bruising is very alarming. Any ideas? The dr. really acted like it was totally unimportant and never really answered my questions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2005, 10:49 AM   #2
(female)

ahimsa HB User
Re: Strep Uticaria?

FWIW, I have a friend whose 3-year old son had a fever and mysterious rash that turned out to be due to a strep infection. My friend lives in another state so I didn't see it for myself, but it seems that the connection between hives/rash and strep is not completely uncommon.

I can't provide anything useful about the bruising though, sorry. Have you thought about taking your son to a dermatologist? Or are they fading now?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2005, 01:12 PM   #3
(female)

fubaldo HB User
Re: Strep Uticaria?

They appear to be fading although slowly. I've asked him if they hurt and he says they don't bother him at all. All other symptoms have disappeared now that the penn shot has kicked in.Guess I should just be thankful it turned out to be no big deal. Thanks for the info.

Closed Thread