It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2005, 07:16 AM   #1
(female)

mariazzzz HB User
nasal irritation, dry, burning...... remedies?

Hi, I have been having problems lately with dry irritated nose. Started using a humidifier. Have tried saline spray and AYR. Looking for a gel that I can put in my nose to alleviate the irritation. Vaseline is not recommended and the drugstores have nothing but AYR. Does anyone know of any gels,where they can be purchased or what do you do for the burning nose syndrome? Any ideas appreciated! Thank You, Maria

Old 03-18-2005, 09:22 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

suggi HB User
Re: nasal irritation, dry, burning...... remedies?

maria
My ENT recommended putting some Bacitracin in your nose BUT not to overdo it because you can acquire an allergy to Bacitracin.

Suggi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2005, 03:19 AM   #3
(female)

mariazzzz HB User

Hi Suggi, thanks for answering. I will check on the bacitracin. Isn't that for infections and such? It's funny because it seems a whole lot of people have allergies or symptoms and it is hard to find anything but the usuals in the store. Thanks, Maria

Old 03-22-2005, 02:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

If you go online to allergy supply websites, you will find lots of nasal gels. Breathe-ease makes one, as well as the people who make the Simply Saline nasal spray. Ayr is a very good gel IMO, it takes a few days to take effect. Maybe use the BAcitracin for a few days to get it under control, then use the Ayr to prevent it from drying out.

Old 03-22-2005, 05:52 PM   #5
(female)

tip2mol HB User

Hi,

Something that my allergist recommended was Alkalol. It comes in a large bottle is very inexpensive. She took a sample nasal spray bottle and poured the contents out and let me put the alkalol in it. You mix it 1/2 alkalol and 1/2 sterile water. It has a eucalyptus smell and it is wonderfully soothing. I have horribly chronic sinus and allergy problems even after sinus surgery.
This product also has no rebound effect (meaning that you can use it every hour and still not have residual swelling of the inner nasal membranes).
You have to buy this at a specialized pharmacy but it is non-prescription.

Hope this helps

Old 03-23-2005, 07:51 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

suggi HB User

Tip2mol
What is alkolol? Just wondering as I am allergic to a lot of things -eucolyptus being one of them. Is that in there or does it just smell that way? I am back to being really yellowy esp in the AM and can't get rid of the headache. Need something. ENT isn't much help. Waiting for results of cat scan. I have to get better as I need those two top teeth out with roots in sinuses and am scared to do it. What is your opinion on -- will it make the sinuses worse or cause an infection if I get them pulled?

Thanks.

Suggi

Closed Thread