It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2005, 02:26 PM   #1
(female)

sroman127 HB User
Unhappy Help answer questions Please!

I have a question about allergies. I guess I should just give my symptoms. I have sneezing especially in the morning, stuffy nose, mucousy, dizziness, itching alot! I feel tired all of the time, I cannot get anything done. My doctor diagnosed me with Fibro. I wanted to know if these symptoms seem like allergies? Also, my left eye feels heavy like it is sagging.
Thank you for any help I am really uncomfortable!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-24-2005, 04:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Help answer questions Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroman127
I have sneezing especially in the morning, stuffy nose, mucousy, dizziness, itching alot!
The morning is when pollens are supposed to be most active. Also, the bed is the worst place for those with allergies. I have allergies, including asthma, and advanced heart disease. I sleep on a leather recliner in shorts, with a mask, without blankets or a pillow, and I wake up the next day with more energy, and with my allergies and my heart more under control.

Quote:
I feel tired all of the time, I cannot get anything done. My doctor diagnosed me with Fibro. I wanted to know if these symptoms seem like allergies? Also, my left eye feels heavy like it is sagging.
Thank you for any help I am really uncomfortable!!!!!!!!!
Many things that touch your skin, anywhere on your body, that you breath (odors, pollen, pollutants) and anything that you consume, can cause an allergic reaction in your body, which not only causes the normal symptoms, like sinusitis and asthma, but also flood your body with vast numbers of chemicals (hormones) which can cause negative reactions.

I am just a fellow patient, and I have been able to help myself by avoiding those things that make me miserable, plus I am also taking the correct medicines for me, on the correct schedule for me.

Regards, and best of luck and health to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2005, 05:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

I would definately get tested for allergies. The sneezing, the stuffy nose and itching are definite allergy symptoms. This dizziness could be caused by sinus troubles which often come with allergies.

I agree with Beerzoids, the morning is often the worst time for pollen, and if you are allergic to dustmites your bed might be causing you problems.

My allergies also wore me out. There was a time when I could not get anything done, b/c I was so tired all the time. Allergy shots were a godsend to me. Out of control allergies can cause major fatigue. I still have spells during high pollen days where I need to take it easy, but nothing like the debilitating fatigue I had before.

Old 03-24-2005, 05:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

Beerzoids,

What are your heart symptoms? Are you having palpitations? Did you know they can be caused by prednisone and even steroid nasal sprays. I finally was made aware the connection while taking a short course of prednisone. After 4 days on it, I had palpitations so bad I had to go to the ER. After a normal EKG, an astute doctor put me on IV fluids, and they went away in less than 20 minutes. Now I make sure to consume plenty of potassium containing foods, and I even keep a supplement on hand if I start to feel that familar flutter.

Last edited by sneezydiva; 03-24-2005 at 05:33 PM.

Closed Thread