It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2005, 03:09 PM   #1
(female)

Melba HB User
itching roof of the mouth

I don't know whether this has been discussed before but this spring it seems I am suffering from an itchy palette in addition to other spring time allergies. I am going crazy with this as I can't really scratch there. Oral antihistimines don't seem to work for this symptom...at least not for me. I feel the itching into the ears as well. Any body know of anything that works for this? Are the cortizone sprays effective for it? Thanks for any replies.

Melba

Old 05-02-2005, 06:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User
Re: itching roof of the mouth

I have this same problem in the spring and bad allergy days! Not much I can tell you on what to doa bout this. I'd talk to your doctor as I just don't even know. I get itchy behind my knees as well which i put Cortizone on and it fixes it right up. If there is any oral cortizone than I bet that would help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2005, 06:35 PM   #3
(female)

mjbbtt HB User

i get that too! I HATE IT! if anyone finds something that works for that please let me know!

Old 05-03-2005, 02:02 AM   #4
(male)

SylAlien HB User

i get the same exact ******** symptoms , along withevery allergie sympton watery itchy eyes, sneezing running nose it sucks, for the itchign on upper roof in mouth- i dotn take no meds for allegies i can kinda scartch the top of where it itches with my toungue it makes a wierd noise that everyoen can hear haha it helps though

Old 05-04-2005, 01:02 PM   #5
(female)

Melba HB User

Well I am two days on the nasanex and I can already see a difference in the itching intensity. The physcian recommended that I tilt my head back a bit when I squirt. I don't love the idea of using cortisone steroids but I love even less the itchiness.

Thanks for the replies.

Old 05-05-2005, 01:45 AM   #6
(male)

ZRulz HB User

Does anyone know of food allergies they have? I firmly believe that allergies develop for a food when all other environmental conditions (ie, allergy triggers) are present in the right combinations and your immunity is low.

I cannot eat an apple that has been sprayed with wax or I get an itchy mouth. Roof of mouth, gums, throat, inside of cheeks. Went to dermatologist for skins testing to see why my peeling hands are not healing. Diagnosis - allergy to DODECYL GALLATE. Okay, no big deal right? It is found in cheap oils, margarines, and waxes or parafins. It hit me right away, store bought apples are coated in wax, as as cucumbers at times. So I avoid apples now as I can peel tem, but the wax residues get on flesh inside it anyway. Cucumbers I am able to peel and not have any reactions, perhaps they are very moist and waxes do not cling like with apples.

Closed Thread