It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2005, 05:32 PM   #1
(female)

deena1168 HB User
so sick of feeling bad

Hello all!! I had been feeling pretty good...........until last week. It all hit me again. I was just curious to know if anyone else has allergy symptoms like this..............dizzy-lightheaded-watery eyes-ears ache-headaches-spacey feeling.................sometimes I feel ok, kinda like i'm normal again, and then all of a sudden, it comes back......with no warning. I haven't been to an allergist yet, but am seriously thinking about going. I just hear its very expensive. If I do test positive for anything, what can they do for it?? If anything?? Thanks for any info.

Old 05-14-2005, 05:52 PM   #2
(male)

Cut-Throat HB User
Re: so sick of feeling bad

Have you ever tried the over the counter drug Chlorotrimeton? - It worked for me> - If it works you can be assured your problem is allergies. Then you can pursue an allergist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2005, 09:37 AM   #3
(female)

deena1168 HB User

Hi cut-throat and thanks for your reply. Yes, I have tried CHlortrimeton......and actually it helps me better than anything. What are your symptoms?? I just read things on the post sometimes and they scare me...........I think I have anxiety isssues too..........oh gee..........lol!! Thanks again

Old 05-16-2005, 09:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

YES...I have...and it sucks. If you see any wierd colored snot, or something, it's most likely and infection, that can be cleared up with some antibiotics. However, the problems haven't been around too long, it's probably just normal allergy stuff. Have you been using in decongestants? Pills or sprays? Get the fluid out of your ears, and you'll feel a lot better. Good luck!

Old 05-17-2005, 01:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

Seeing an allergist and getting allergy tested is well worth it. Once you know what you are allergic to, you can learn how to avoid them. A good allergist will tell you about dustmite covers, HEPA filters, and other ways to avoid your specific allergans. If you need shots, they take a while to take effect, but they work very well.

Old 05-17-2005, 01:27 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User

I agree, it sounds like my allergy symptoms. I am allergic to everything and used to suffer very badly but took allergy shots for six years and they helped me tremendously. Allegra D and Zyrtec D are great allergy meds that don't make you sleepy. You do have to have a prescription for them. In the spring and fall, I have to use a prescription nose spray also to help with the inflammation.

Old 05-17-2005, 01:51 PM   #7
(female)

Twinklez81 HB User

i know how you feel, my hay fever has been terrible. I've sneezed so much that now my throat is all scratchy and irritated. My eyes tear up so bad that people look at me on the street thinking im crying. My head hurts, ears and side of my face itches, the roof of my mouth itches, im fatigued, and i can't sleep well at night.

i think im going to use my neti pot for the first time tonight, then some saline nose spray

im so tired

Old 05-17-2005, 02:25 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User

My eyes have been ok this year, it's just the terrible swelling in the nasal passages and ear canal. It felt like someone had their hands on my face and head squeezing in on me really hard. So much pressure that it hurt. I had to get an allergy/sinus cocktail last week that has two steriods in it, and usually that will have me feeling good by the next day, but that didn't even work, so I had to take the oral steriods too! Now I am feeling pretty good.

Closed Thread