It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2005, 07:06 PM   #1
(male)

MacMini HB User
Question Best Medicine for Sore Throat Nasal Drainage??

Greetings ,

I have had problems with my Throat for almost 2.5 years now. I see an ENT once in a while. I have never had this problem prior to 2.5 years ago and while in the 2.5 years I just ignore the sore throat and let it goe away after 5-6 days of rawness .

This sore throat is now after all this time really getting to me, since my ENT can't really figure out what it is and I'm getting tired of going to him and seeing no results. I have taken in the past, Claritin, Allegra.

I have also notice the left side of my nose is always plugged up, Today I took Cipro 500mg and it unplugged the left side of my nose and I now notice the sore raw throat is going away. I'm thinking this may be nasal drainage thats causing my sore raw throat and plugged up nose problem.

What's the BEST Medicine for this problem?? or Treatment? I know for a fact that after the Cipro 500mg take the sore throat away and plugged up nose, the problem will come back. It comes and goes away

I have no STD's, just in case anyone is wondering. And NO PETS.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2005, 11:28 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Dan_the_man HB User
Re: Best Medicine for Sore Throat Nasal Drainage??

Hi, I dont have any answers for you, sorry but curious because I have sort of a similar problem but no sore throat, mine just seems raw and irritated and when I look with a flashlight it is redish especially on the left side, do you have any redness or spotty red looking or anything? Mine really bugs me, I went to an ent and they didnt know either and gave me antibiotics that did nothing...Dan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2005, 12:02 PM   #3
(male)

MacMini HB User
Unhappy Re: Best Medicine for Sore Throat Nasal Drainage??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_the_man
Hi, I dont have any answers for you, sorry but curious because I have sort of a similar problem but no sore throat, mine just seems raw and irritated and when I look with a flashlight it is redish especially on the left side, do you have any redness or spotty red looking or anything? Mine really bugs me, I went to an ent and they didnt know either and gave me antibiotics that did nothing...Dan

Hey ,

My Throat, is just a little bit red, but the sore and rawness is what really hurts the most, it actually feels like if I have a cold, or coming down with a cold or the flu. NO Spotty here. Mine comes and goes, the ENT, put a camera in both of my nose and it went all the way to my Throat and he was able to see the problem and the area affected, he treats me with antibiotics it goes away and the rawness comes back after several days or two weeks or so.

THERE IS TIMES THAT THE RAWNESS FEELS LIKE NIDDLES IN MY THROAT.

Im going to go back to my ENT, and see if they can do blood test for that specific problem or see if there is any test available? to diagnose this and see what it is

Last edited by MacMini; 07-23-2005 at 12:07 PM.

Closed Thread