It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2005, 12:56 PM   #1
(female)

littlechickadee HB User
Dizziness & Allergies

I'm new to this board. I am quite certain I have allergies. For the past 5 or more years, my sinuses have been almost chronically stuffed and I get sinus headaches very often. No infections, though (I'm very grateful)

My question is: Is dizziness and ringing ears a sign of allergies? Since May 2005, my ears have been ringing and I suffer from unsteadiness/dizziness, sometimes a feeling of fullness in my head, fogginess, fatigue, 1 time the room spun for about a minute. Are these common?

I have a scheduled visit August 18 for Allergy testing. I don't know what to expect, can anyone explain what they do? I also am unable to take antihistamines or steriods, I had a very BAD reaction to both. What can be done for allergies?

Thanks

Old 07-26-2005, 01:34 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Dizziness & Allergies

Yes, this is common. They'll stick your skin with a little of each of the allergens to see if you react. The amount of reaction denotes the severity of the allergy. You can take injections for the allergies to desensitize you. I wouldn't discount all antihistamines....there is probably something you can take. Just have to work with your doctor to find the right one. It may be you have to take a liquid form rather than the pill...good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2005, 03:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User

Allergies can cause dizziness. The dizziness comes from inflammed and swollen mucous membranes. You can treat that by irrigating your snose/sinuses with saline, taking antihistimines, possible steriod nose sprays. Also, look into getting allergy test to start allergy shots.

Old 07-26-2005, 04:18 PM   #4
(male)

Cut-Throat HB User

Yes, I have had this Dizzy/lightheaded feeling for over 8 years now. I can relieve the symptoms almost entirely with Cholotrimeton. Lately, I have added Nasalcrom to the Cholortrimeton. It gives me about 99% relief and I can live a 'normal' life. Lot's of folks on this forum have been helped by these meds.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cut-Throat For This Useful Post:
Andrea McNichol (04-23-2012)
Old 07-27-2005, 06:41 AM   #5
(female)

littlechickadee HB User

What about the ringing in the ears...is that normal? That started in May 2005 as well.

Old 07-27-2005, 07:38 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

I do not feel dizzy ( like the room is spinning). However, I feel lightheaded- like my head is full and my ears are stopped up and a little off balance. Is that what you are describing?

Old 07-27-2005, 08:42 AM   #7
(female)

littlechickadee HB User

I guess the best description for me is wooziness, sometimes I feel like I have to put my hands on the wall to keep from listing to the right. Sometimes I feel like I"m falling forward. This happens whether sitting or standing. I have a feeling of fullness in my sinus area (but not always), fullness in my ear area (not always), ringing ears (always -- but sometimes less than others), I will lean/fall to my right if I close my eyes and stand with my feet together. My head feels heavy. My eyes are trying to adjust to the feeling of wooziness

I have been suffering with horrible sinus headaches for the past 5 years, about 1 a week or once every 2 weeks. Today I have such a sinus headache between my eyes. But I cannot take OTC meds because I have negative reactions to the ingredients.

I've looked at the symptoms for Meniere's disease, but I do not have the vertigo that is associated with it. I was tested for it and it came out negative, but the MD said that the test is not 100% accurate. Ah, the exact science of modern medicine!

Old 07-27-2005, 09:11 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

Thanks. That sounds like me. I have had this in the past. This has occurred off and on for 4 years. One time, it lasted 3 months, the next time about the same and now it seems to be back.

I have ringing in the ears off and on and sometimes if I swallow, I can stop the noise.

I am convinced that mine may be a mold allergy. I have not been tested so I don't know. I have to pay my own insurance so I pick and chose how I am going to spend my money. Allergy testing is not high on the list at this time.

Old 07-27-2005, 01:27 PM   #9
(male)

Cut-Throat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlechickadee
What about the ringing in the ears...is that normal? That started in May 2005 as well.
Yes, along with Lightheadedness, I have ringing in the ears, also a clearing of throat and slight cough.

If I were you, I'd try the over the counter Med Chlorotrimeton. - BTW, I have been tested for allergies and my symptoms are coming from Molds. Molds mostly do not cause the itchy, sneezy reactions that pollen cause.

Also if you try Chlorotrimeton and your symptoms are relieved, you can be assured that it is allergies. There is no way that the medical community can diagnose your symptoms if it is allergies.

Old 07-27-2005, 03:44 PM   #10
(female)

littlechickadee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
If I were you, I'd try the over the counter Med Chlorotrimeton.
I'm EXTREMELY sensitive to medications (it is such a hassle). I take Sinusalia Homeopathic sinus med made by Bioron. It works but only for about an hour or two. But if I try anything with decongestant, antihistamine, etc, it really makes me ill. Do you think Chlorotrimeton is in the same family as the decongestants/antihistamines?

Old 07-28-2005, 04:35 AM   #11
(male)

Cut-Throat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlechickadee
I'm EXTREMELY sensitive to medications (it is such a hassle). Do you think Chlorotrimeton is in the same family as the decongestants/antihistamines?
Chlorotrimeton IS an antihistimine. If you get sick enough, you'll give it a try anyway.

Old 07-28-2005, 04:57 PM   #12
(male)

econnergya HB User

why don't you take singular it doesn't use antihistimen and it works for me much more then antihistimens do
it is very good try it

Closed Thread