It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2005, 03:32 PM   #1
(female)

feel_bad_2_much HB User
Question steroid shots for allergies???

hi everyone..........just wanted to ask if anyone here gets steroid shots for their allergies?? after my first one, i did tell a difference. i went for a second one about 6 weeks later, and now, i feel worse. i had it about 6 days ago....and 2 days after taking it, i felt really bad again. Does anyone else suffer from symptoms like headache, foggy feeling (hard to explain), ear fullness, congested?? I don't have the usual symptoms........sneezing, runny nose, etc............... I heard this year has been extremely bad for allergy sufferers. I know it has been AWFUL for me. I'm ready to see if allergy shots will help.........I honestly don't know how much longer I can take this. Thanks for any info.

Old 08-02-2005, 04:57 PM   #2
(male)

econnergya HB User
Re: steroid shots for allergies???

if you tested positive for allergies i would start with allergy shots right away
ask your doctor about taking Singular i think it might help you with your symptoms

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2005, 05:37 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

timmon123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by econnergya
if you tested positive for allergies i would start with allergy shots right away
ask your doctor about taking Singular i think it might help you with your symptoms

Is that better than claratin?

Thanks

Tim

Old 08-03-2005, 06:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User

Steroids are one of those "catch 22" drugs. Yes, sometimes they are necessary and they do help you get over a bad case of either allergies and/or asthma. But the side affects are worse. They drain your own bodies natural cortisol and make the immune system strained. Over the years they can cause bone loss also. If you are suseptable to yeast infections or have an allergy or intolerance to wheat or gluten, they can make that worse. Look on the alternative board and you probably can read more a bout it.

Old 08-08-2005, 05:09 PM   #5
(female)

JoAnne12 HB User

I have not heard of steroid injections for allergies. I have had a real bad time as well the past two weeks with the same symptoms you have - severe congestion that makes me dizzy, foggy and just miserable. I have been taking Allegra 180 mg and Flonase. Tried Zyrtec, but makes your real drowsy with dry mouth and I still have congestion. So I went back to the Allegra 180 mg, but it does not seem to work all day for me.

In the past Allegra D and Flonase along with shots worked for me. I'm calling my Allergist tomorrow to find out what I can do about the congestion which is triggered as soon as I go outside.

Has your Dr. suggested a antihistmine/decongestion combination. If not, you might want to ask because the new meds are non-drowsy and have very few side effects.

Good Luck and hope you feel better soon!

Old 08-09-2005, 12:47 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmon123
Is that better than claratin?

Thanks

Tim

Singulair is not an antihistimine. It targets a different chemical, leukotrienes, which is part of the allergic response. For allergies, you take it WITH an antihistimine, like Claritin

Closed Thread