It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2005, 08:30 PM   #1
(female)

KellyDL HB User
Can dizziness be caused by allergies?

I was just wodering if anyone else has dizziness with allergies. I have been having some other things going on, but I'm thinking this might be due to the allergies. M<y ears have been feeling pressure off and on lately too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2005, 09:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User
Re: Can dizziness be caused by allergies?

I don't know if dizziness is the word for what I experience. I have more of an unbalanced feeling or lightheadedness. My ears feel full at the time this is going on. I notice it more when the humidity is high.

I, too, have been experiencing this for about a month now. Our dewpoints have been in the 70s. That is when this unbalanced feeling got worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2005, 09:46 AM   #3
Inactive

kerry1 HB User

AB-SO-LUTELY. I used to get dizziness and full-headedness - for several months I'd get a fullness in one ear, and lots of ear infections that would NOT go away. Long story short: I'm allergic to milk. I stopped drinking milk and was fine after that, no more ear infections ever. I also found that taking Vitamin C helped (Vit. C is an anti-inflammatory agent).

Old 08-21-2005, 04:51 PM   #4
(male)

econnergya HB User

i had the same symptoms and i was helped with taking singular

Old 08-21-2005, 06:00 PM   #5
(female)

nfnitedawn HB User

Absolutely positively yes! It is one of the worst symptoms I experience with my allergies, I am very off balance, and sometimes feels like the floor is floating. That with the brain fog too are the worst.. Hope that helps!

Old 08-22-2005, 04:50 AM   #6
(female)

karmakarmakarma HB User

yer yes to me too. i felt like i had a hangover for about a year straight it was horrible. mum went to hongkong and bought me a bottle of vitagain (all herbal nasal allergy) and it stopped all nausea and dizziness. i still got post nasal drip tho dang.

Old 08-22-2005, 02:42 PM   #7
(male)

asthma-man HB User

i have the dizzines too... i feel disorientated, short-term memory loss, lowered concentration and im very tired (i was a very active person but right now i cant do a thing)...
can this brain fog thing be cured? or does it never go away, because I dont want to live like this for the rest of my life?
if anyone knows the solution to the problem, please tell me/us.

P.S.: sorry for my english (not my prime language)

Old 08-23-2005, 06:05 AM   #8

mom4cem HB User

I also have been suffering from dizziness. Sometimes very bad and sometimes jjust the off balance feeling. I have compelete fullness in my left ear now and constant ringing, I guess tinnitus, it just started since I have been having the dizziness. Been to ENT about a month ago and said ears were fine(now the fullness has hit)have to go back in Sept., been to allergest who says it can be from allergies/sinuses.

Wish something would help the fullness and the ringinging already.

Old 08-23-2005, 11:08 AM   #9
(female)

feel_bad_2_much HB User

I too get the same symptoms. I have started taking Allegra.......and it helps some. The brain fog is terrible. Is anyone on allergy shots for their allergies?? I want to be, but right now, can't afford it. Ive felt bad since Nov. 04, and had to quit work. I sometimes felt so bad, I didn't want to get out of bed.......but i'm making myself do more.........some days I feel great, but ya never know when its going to start again. Anyone else experince this with their allergies?? (How you are going to feel from day to day??) Thanks

Old 08-23-2005, 12:45 PM   #10
(male)

feelswierd18 HB User

Lightheaded/unbalanced and full-headedness is exactly how I feel! I posted about it in the Inner Ear forums hoping to get an answer but this sounds more like it. This all kicked in on me when the weather down here in Florida really started to heat up (i.e. High 90's with humidity to the extreme). I took Zithromax for a week followed by Allegra/Flonase for awhile which seemed to help a bit.

People with experience with this: Does it tend to go away when your weather cools down again? When the pollen count drops perhaps? I don't have any known allergens. It used to be cats and chocolate but now nothing that I know of. Comments?

Old 08-23-2005, 02:49 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

Mine has let up a bit since a cool front came through. The humidity level has dropped and the high is in the 80s. I am also taking Flonase, therefore, I don't know what has caused this to clear up.

We had one day last week when the humidity and temperature went down and I felt better that day so maybe heat and humidity can cause this to happen. I will keep you posted when they come back.

Old 08-23-2005, 07:01 PM   #12
(female)

sml83 HB User

Feelsweird18,
I am in FL also and am experiencing the same problems with the dizziness.
I never thought of it being the weather but maybe

Old 08-24-2005, 06:45 AM   #13
(male)

feelswierd18 HB User

Yeah I think it may be weather related. What's even more wierd is that if it's going to kick in, it usually does so between 2 and 4 in the afternoon. Some days I can go all day without the pressure/lightheadedness however. I took an Allegra tablet yesterday to see if that would affect it and low and behold I did not get pressure/lightheadedness. It's interesting that even when I was on the Allegra however, I wouldn't get the pressure but I would still occasionally get lightheaded. I'm going to start on it again for a bit and see what happens.

Old 08-24-2005, 12:03 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

chigs489 HB User

I get the dizziness/lightheadedness frequently, especially when the humidity is high, and the dust count is through the roof.

My allergies are really awful. But one thing (and one thing only) helps with the lightheadedness/dizziness, and that is the antihistamine Chlor-Tremiton. You can get this at any drug store. This is the oldest and most powerful antihistamine money can buy. Someone on this board told me about it, and it is a LIFESAVER! I've tried every other medication, both OTC and prescription, and this is the only thing that does anything for me. The active ingredient is different than the other drugs.

The 12hour is pretty intense, and can really make you drowsy. The 4 hour is mild, but you have to keep taking it for a couple days before you will see the results.

Nasal irrigation can also help, but that is more for infections. If this does nothing for you, chances are, it is 100% allergy related.

Technically, the dizziness is caused by swelling in the soft tissue of the ethmoid sinus around your eyes. All sinuses can become inflamed, but these are the most common. The maxillary and spenoid sinuses can cause headaches behind the ears if there is enough swelling.

The one thing I CANNOT get rid of, is the bags under my eyes! Even when my sinus problems are well under control, I still look like I've had 2 hours of sleep. If anyone has any advice on how to combat this, I'm all ears.

Old 08-24-2005, 03:54 PM   #15
(male)

feelswierd18 HB User

Hey chiggins, (or anybody) do you ever get a numb-like feeling at the top of your head (like a low grade pressure sensation) that accompanies the lightheadedness? I get this at times. It can sometimes last from 2 minutes to nearly 30 minutes or more. It happens only late in the afternoons but lately (in the past 2 weeks or so) I've also noticed it at night when I'm trying to sleep. It's not the slight pressure that keeps me from sleeping - it's the lightheadedness. It's not severe it just makes me restless. But once I can get back to sleep - I wake up the next day and feel fine as usual.

Last edited by feelswierd18; 08-25-2005 at 04:40 AM.

Closed Thread