It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2005, 06:02 AM   #1
(female)

jeannie00 HB User
Whats wrong with me??? Im getting worried :(

I dont know what is wrong with me. But there is something thats been bothering me for a while now. Here the past 5-6 months, ive been getting these very very bad coughing spells. I dont know if im gonna make any sense but im gonna explain it the best i can. When i get these coughing spells, they just come on out of the blue. I can be watching t.v. and just start coughing my head off. I know im not sick. Its just soo weird. Cause when i get these coughing spells, my chest starts making these very weird noises, and my chest and throat bubble, and make whistling noises. I know thats signs of an Upper Resp. Infectiong, but im telling u this isnt what it is. My chest will start to burn very very bad, and my chest feels like its tightening, and it gets a little bit hard to breathe. I have to take deep breathes to breathe, and its a bit scary sometimes. I dont know whats going on. My heart starts a racing. It hurts to cough as well. My whole upper chest area hurts. I also have a bunch of junk that comes up, kinda like flem. I know ur prolly thinking its an URI. But i know its not. This happens to me all the time. At least once a week or maybe every two weeks. When i get this coughin spell sometimes it lasts all day and sometimes for several hours. My neck and throat will start to burn and itch as well. Inside and out. I just dont know whats going on with me. Here a few months ago i found out i had something called granulom. Ive looked up info. but wasnt very successfull. I also have very very bad allergies. I wonder if t his is related to one of those??? Or if its even asthma. (you know with the wheezing and hard to breathe. I just dont really know what asthma feels like or what it really is. Ive been round cigarette smoke my whole life. I heard thats what asthma is from.???? If anyone has any info. Id really appreciate it. Id like to know whats going on with my body. Its kinda freaky. Pease help, please

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2005, 06:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User
Re: Whats wrong with me??? Im getting worried :(

Sounds like you need a doctors appointment.

Old 09-30-2005, 06:41 AM   #3
(female)

jeannie00 HB User

Ive been to the doctor, and i told them whats going on, but nothing has been done. I was just wondering if this was a sign of asthma or something, or it if was related to my allergies, or the granuloma?

Old 09-30-2005, 07:00 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Have you looked up asthma to see if the symtoms fit? Maybe you should keep a log or diary of where you are when this happens, what is going on around you, how you feel, etc..., if most of the time your in bed then perhaps your allergic to something in there, pillow, mattress, etc....Try vacuuming your mattress (you may have bed bugs or excessive dust in the mattress and getting a hypo allergetic pillow, do you have any molds growing in your environment? It may be kicking in the cough/breathless moments.

There are some medicinal teas that may help the symtoms but it sounds like you need more than that for your problem. It also sounds like once you start coughing you get a kind of panic attack. I know it sounds awful but try to relax knowing the cough will eventually subside, you need to think calming thoughts at that time. You can find breath easy teas and cough teas at a health foods store. Might want to try it anyway. They usually call for you to steep them for 10to15min. I steep the first cup 10min. save that bag, then the next cup 10min. also, then the third cup I use the two used tea bags and steep them for 15min. This is just my way of saving some pennies. I hope you can find a caring and concerned doctor that takes your symtoms seriously. I'd post your documentation of when things happen and how here then take a copy of it to your doctors appointment. Turn in the pages ahead of time to allow the doctor some time to read what is going on with you. This may help him or her understand that there really is something to it. Diana

Old 09-30-2005, 07:18 AM   #5
(female)

jeannie00 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs
Have you looked up asthma to see if the symtoms fit? Maybe you should keep a log or diary of where you are when this happens, what is going on around you, how you feel, etc..., if most of the time your in bed then perhaps your allergic to something in there, pillow, mattress, etc....Try vacuuming your mattress (you may have bed bugs or excessive dust in the mattress and getting a hypo allergetic pillow, do you have any molds growing in your environment? It may be kicking in the cough/breathless moments.

There are some medicinal teas that may help the symtoms but it sounds like you need more than that for your problem. It also sounds like once you start coughing you get a kind of panic attack. I know it sounds awful but try to relax knowing the cough will eventually subside, you need to think calming thoughts at that time. You can find breath easy teas and cough teas at a health foods store. Might want to try it anyway. They usually call for you to steep them for 10to15min. I steep the first cup 10min. save that bag, then the next cup 10min. also, then the third cup I use the two used tea bags and steep them for 15min. This is just my way of saving some pennies. I hope you can find a caring and concerned doctor that takes your symtoms seriously. I'd post your documentation of when things happen and how here then take a copy of it to your doctors appointment. Turn in the pages ahead of time to allow the doctor some time to read what is going on with you. This may help him or her understand that there really is something to it. Diana

It dont always happen when im laying down. It just happened that way this morning. I got up this morning to take my daughter down to the bus stop at 7:00am, when i got home i layed down and then bam i started coughing instantly and all the other symptoms i stated on my first post started. They just now stopped its now 9:14 am my time. Sometimes these spells last very very many hours and somtimes its only a short period. Now im fine. I dont know what could be triggering these episodes. another thing too, i had allergy testing done last week and im allergic to EVERYTHING they tested me for. Which i kinda knew i was. Im always sick from my allergies. Im just wondering if that is triggering the cough episodes. But what im confused about is when it happens it gets hard for me to breathe, and with the mucous and stuff i cough up, and the burning in my chest and stuff. Im wondering if that is asthma. Cause i was told that one of the signs of asthma is the wheezing (hard to breathe) everytime id breathe in and out my chest would whistle and bubble. And id stop breathing to see if it continued to whistle and bubble and it did. I just dont know. I wish i had more answers.

Old 09-30-2005, 07:42 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Would you be interested in taking something natural? I could look into it further if you are. And if so you may want to continue posting on the alternative health board, you'll get lots of help 'naturally' over there.

One more thing, do you find your episodes worse inside the house, or outside, could be something in your envionment that has you starting up.

Old 09-30-2005, 08:08 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dr. Reckeweg

R43 Herbamine - Asthma formula*

Active ingredients: Arsenicum album 8X, Belladonna 30X, Bryonia alba 12X, Carbo vegeta-bilis 30X, Eriodictyon californicum 12X, Kali phosphoricum 30X, Natrum muriaticum 30X, Natrum sulphuricum 200X, Pituitarum posterium 30X, Veratrum album 30X Inactive ingredients: 36 vol.-% alcohol, distilled water.

Indications:
Homeopathic Medicine for the temporary relief of chronic asthma symtoms *:
• Wheezing
• Coughing
• Breathlessness and tight chest

You'll have to look for this on your own, I can't post anything like that here.

I've got you on my subscribers list so if you post back I'll get it in my mail. Diana

Old 09-30-2005, 11:14 AM   #8
(female)

jeannie00 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs
Would you be interested in taking something natural? I could look into it further if you are. And if so you may want to continue posting on the alternative health board, you'll get lots of help 'naturally' over there.

One more thing, do you find your episodes worse inside the house, or outside, could be something in your envionment that has you starting up.

Its mostly inside my house. Like i said it didnt start up till i laid in bed this morning after dropping my daughter off. I dont know if something outside started it while i dropped my daughter off. Could have Im not really sure. But most of the other times its happened inside. Oh i do remember another episode i had, it was bout 2-3 weeks ago. I was standing outside on the porch with my mother-in-law, she was vacuuming a couch they gave us. I was fine until hubby started mowing the grass. Then i just up out of the blue started coughing my head off, and having the other symptoms i posted earlier. I went inside and it continued for about another hour and then it stopped. I just dont get it. This happens all the time, up out of the blue itll last for a couple hours and then just stop. Do you really thing its allergy related????? I posted on another board bout this and one person said i had bronchitis. I honestly dont think i have that. This is something that happens all the time. I know im not sick. Cause like i said it happens all the time.

Old 09-30-2005, 11:41 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

This is definitely related to your allergies. It also sounds like asthma. Please see a doctor. It could also be sino-bronchial syndrome, where sinus drainage causes your bronchial tubes to contrict and mimic asthma. I had this in the pst. But the fact that you are actually wheezing, and can hear your breathing souding different, really points to asthma.

Old 09-30-2005, 11:52 AM   #10
(female)

jeannie00 HB User

So u think it could be asthma?? But with these episodes thast occur most often. Im not sure how often asthmatic people have episodes, and if these are what happens when u have an asthma episode. I had allergy testing done last week and i was allergic to everything they tested me for, but they didnt test me for asthma. they ask me if i wheezed and i explained to them what i do, and she said if i had asthma id be gasping for air. I dunno im confused. But not everyone is right, ur prolly right it could be asthma i dunno. I wish i knew.

Old 09-30-2005, 02:03 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

Like I said, it might be sino-bronchial syndrome, or could be very mild asthma. There is a coughing varient of asthma. But you should be tested to make sure. Are you going to get allergy shots for all the things you are allergic to? What medicines did the doctor prescribe?

Old 09-30-2005, 02:49 PM   #12
(female)

jeannie00 HB User

I go the 5th of October to get set up for allergy shots. Ive had them before but they got stopped due to my insurance. So they told me i will get them again. My doc doesnt have me on any meds. they said that i cant take any cause im breastfeeding my baby. So that kinda rules out the meds. I guess i got to suffer till im done nursing.

Old 10-01-2005, 03:52 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

My daughter has excersized induced asthma, now that she is getting older it doesn't bother her as much as in the past. When she has problems with her breathing it usually doesn't involve a lot of coughing it is more problems breathing and her heart hurts too. She does use an inhaler if she knows she is going to be running a lot. She uses it 15min. before the running, she doesn't even go through one inhaler in a whole years time. Your allergies sure could kick in these attacks. My girlfriends kids have asthma and they can't cut grass. The only product I know of is what I posted if you want something that is for both and is not a perscription, now nursing a baby is another thing, the baby gets what you get. So I'm not sure anything would be a good idea at this time. Diana

Old 10-01-2005, 12:28 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

That is so strange. I know some medicines can affect the baby, but there are some that you can take. I believe, but don't quote me, that Benedryl is considered safe for pregnacy/breastfeeding. Also, I would think you'd be able to at least use nosesprays like Astelin and Flonase. Those wouldn't get into your system. Nasalcrom Nosespray avalable OTC has an excellant safety record.

No wonder you are having so much trouble, if you are allergic to so much stuff, and aren't taking anything! I would still get tested for asthma to be on the safeside, but I would bet money you are experiencing sino-bronchial syndrome I was. Your sinuses must be a mess right now!

Old 10-11-2005, 07:08 PM   #15

matthewinuk HB User

please refer to my post on your thread entitled "i had another funny turn" or something along those lines

Closed Thread