It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2005, 08:54 PM   #1

LonelyTraveler HB User
Unhappy Post nasal drip into lungs...

I tend to get a lot of post nasal drip into my lungs during the night (when I can't clear my throat and swallow) and end up with a mild upper respiratory infection, sputnum and shortness of breath. This causes a lot of anxiety. Anyone else go through this?.

- LT

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2005, 03:07 AM   #2
(male)

Let It Bleed HB User
Re: Post nasal drip into lungs...

Mine often stops at the tonsils, leaving me with multiple throat infections each year. Currently taking a second course of antibiotics for my most recent episode, though, once it got into my lungs and gave me a bronchitis-like illness.

So I take the antibiotic. I take nasal spray. I take a antihistamine. I take Mucinex as needed, humidifier too.. but I can't stop the allergies and drainage, especially the time of year, and early spring.

Dont' know what else to do. I fear removing my tonsils will allow the infected drainage to bypass my throat and get into my lungs more often.. but this tonislitis hurts like hell sometimes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2005, 02:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tesss HB User

Hi
I think that Im getting this too. I had a couple of chest infections a couple of years ago and I believe that was caused by pnd dripping into my lungs. Ive had a lot of problems over the summer and now, where I have lots of pnd during the day/ evening, and then I wake up at 330 in the morning unable to breathe and feel really congested. I believe that the pnd is dripping down and irritating my lungs. Ive started on nasonex and that helped, but I don't think its doing enough. I guess I need to go back and see my doc again.

LT - are you taking anything to help with this, are you having support from a dr?

best wishes
Tesss

Old 11-08-2005, 05:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

I get it too, which often results in some bronchitis-like illness. The last time it cleared up without anti-biotics...but man did it suck. :P

Old 11-08-2005, 10:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

Yes, in fact the chronic bronchitis was the first clue that I had mild chonic sinusitis. I ended up need sinus surgery. Since the surgery, I don't get the shortness of breath any more.

Old 11-11-2005, 04:58 PM   #6
(male)

ClassicGamer HB User

A number of years ago when I developed severe allergies (PND, congestion, etc.) and the dripping of mucus into the lungs, my brother-in-law, who is an asthmatic, gave me a bronchodilator to try (alupent or albuterol for instance). I use it morning and early evening (2 puffs) when allergies are bad to loosen up and clear out the bronchi/bronchioles. If I don't use it takes what seems like forever to clear out my lungs at bedtime

Closed Thread