It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2005, 02:18 PM   #1
(female)

redzy233 HB User
I get hives for no reason???

Or, maybe there is a reason...I don't know. I'll let you decide.

For the last couple of weeks, I have been experiencing severe itching on random patches of my body. It itches so badly, I break into hives. I try my best not to scratch. I manage not to scratch until I'm raw, but I still make the area quite pink...

At first it was just on my legs and in the evenings, then a few days later it was my back too, and happened in the afternoon on and off, now it's at random times throughout the day AND night, waking me up, and it's everywhere! I was at work today, and I developed two big hives out of nowhere on my eyelid and jaw! What's going on?!

I don't use harsh or cheap laundry/body soaps, I only wear cotton, and I have had dry skin for years but I have NEVER experienced this. For medications I take Effexor XR (since July 2005, 75mg/day), and Ortho Tri-Cyclen pills since May 2003.

I would also like to mention that once the itching goes away, the pink colour and hives go away too. My skin does not appear abnormal or severely dry anywhere, at any time other than when it's currently itching. I don't have ingrown hairs on my legs, I don't have any STDs or signs of herpes zoster, I don't have acne, I don't sweat too much....I just don't get it. What else could cause this?!

Am I the only one confused or is everyone else who reads this confused too?

Please help if you can!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2005, 03:16 PM   #2
(female)

Mandarra HB UserMandarra HB User
Re: I get hives for no reason???

Oh dear, have you read previous posts? I am just as confused as you are about my daily hives and lip/eyelid swelling. Do you take anything for it to go away? I am stunned at how many people experience this and how little is know about hives.
Mary

Old 11-29-2005, 07:30 AM   #3
(female)

courtenaynt HB User

Yes, check out some of the hives threads. I have had it for six months, but Zyrtec has really kept it at bay. I think they're getting better and I'm considering going off of the meds to see what happens. It's a horrible, unexpected and inexplicible condition that is very vague and mysterious. Good luck and sorry this is happening to you.

Old 11-29-2005, 07:35 AM   #4
(female)

redzy233 HB User

Well, thanks for your concern, both of you. I have now read some of the other posts and it seems like nothing works?? I am not taking anything, I don't really want to either. Zyrtec sounds a little harsh for me. I might just go get an allergy test done, I haven't had one since God knows when...probably since I was a kid. I'll keep looking on the threads...thanks again.

Old 12-02-2005, 07:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

Have you thought about your diet, your detergent, the water that runs into your home? Have your water tested by a PRIVATE company and see what is in it. In the mean time change your diet. Go to a nutritionist they will tell you how to do this. I think your going to need real lifestyle changes. It does sound like an allergy, doctors are very limited in their scope of knowledge. If it is not in the textbook - forget it. Good luck!

Old 12-02-2005, 09:44 AM   #6
(female)

redzy233 HB User

Good news...I figured out what it was. Where I work, I deal with a lot of stored paper and files. Well, these files are very dusty and most likely contain dust/paper mites that sometimes bite and leave random hives on the skin...since I have completed my work with those files and started working with ones on the main floor (not dusty, very new) I have been feeling better. So I think it was dust and/or paper mites. Maybe I get reactions to those...

Either way, I feel much better, so thanks again for your help!

Closed Thread