It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2005, 03:09 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
Will alergy shots help me with mold in our house?

can allergy shots help me with my mold allergy

Hi as I posted before i have a bad mold allergy and there must be some mold left in the air, after changing the a/c and ductwork, but still have bad allergy as soon as i walk in i get so sick, bought an air cleaner, tried an ozone machine and nothing

anyway as soon as i walk in as i started before i get sick in my house and i am a stay at home mom, I need some relief, do you guys know if daily allergy shots would help

Old 12-20-2005, 03:38 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Will alergy shots help me with mold in our house?

Eventually...but it will take several months to notice a difference. Are you taking an antihistamine?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2005, 03:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi I am taking benadryl, but it doesnt help much

Old 12-20-2005, 04:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

you may want to see an allergist about starting on a daily allergy medication that's once a day.. like Claritin or prescription Allegra.. if you went to an allergist they would probably try you on a few weeks of one of those before thinking about shots to see if it helps.

Old 12-20-2005, 04:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi does claritin over the counter help? i could buy it today meanwhile i will cal my allergist tomrorow I hope he can give them to me right away thanks

Old 12-26-2005, 01:58 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User

Your allergist can definitely give you allergy shots to help with your reaction to the mold. But you need to know *exactly* what kind of mold it is. You need to get petrie dishes (your allergist should be able to provide you with them) and put them in all of the damp areas of your house as well as outside of your house. I would also put one in each room and in the basement and attic. You have to leave them there for a specified amount of time and then you send them out to a lab that tests for this. They will send a report to your allergist, who should then be able to make up allergy serums for the specific types of mold. Do you have any black mold? That is really dangerous. Can you actually see the mold? You may have to get a service to come in and clean out all of the mold. These types of services can also do the mold testing for you. Just look in your phon*****, probably under "mold removal" or something like that. Your allergist might even be able to recommend a service.

Closed Thread