It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2006, 09:53 AM   #1
(female)

HarajukuGurl2005 HB User
Humidifier

My nasal passgaes are very dry, crusty and bloody in the morning -- I believe it's from the cold weather. SO i bought a cheap $20 humidifer, but I dont think it's doing a thing! I remember when I was a kid my mom had this humidifer, and you could actually see the warm mist filtering out. This one I have now is just loud, and I see no fine mist. Will a more expensive one make a difference?

Old 01-06-2006, 06:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

don444 HB Userdon444 HB User
Re: Humidifier

IMO, the humidifier you bought is undersized for the job. I suggest you invest in an inexpensive hygrometer. A hygrometer will measure the humidity and will help you regulate the humidity once you purchase the proper humidifier. When selecting a humidifier you will need to measure the room you plan on using it in. There is a lot of help on line for this purpose. The humidity in my house was running about 35% and causing me problems. With a humidifier I keep the humidity about 45% and that has greatly reduced my health problems.

Last edited by don444; 01-07-2006 at 10:06 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2006, 12:16 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User
Re: Humidifier

YOu need to get an ultrasonic warm mist humidifier. The water particiles are much smaller and the warm mist penetrates much, much better. Just be careful not to over humidify as it can exacerbate dust mites. Keep it up high, not sitting on the carpet and make sure if it is on a table you put a towel under it so the wood does not get ruined.

They work great and I believe you will definitely benefit from it. I know I did.

Also, make sure you clean it good and regularly.

Closed Thread