It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2006, 05:24 PM   #1
(female)

ajas HB User
help for itchy skin Please please !

can anyone tell me what maybe wrong.
I get tiny lumps under my skin ( on my hands ) that look like they may blister if rubbed, I have really dry itchy skin, on my arms and up the back of my legs. It is not excema(sp? )its quite inflamed, and argh flaming itchy.
The Doctor gave me a weeks course of steroids, didnt help, and some cortizone lotion, which sort of helps.And anti-hystamines.
But here's the thing, I bought a new leather lounge suite and notice that I get itchy if bare skin against it, but then I think that sounds crazy, allergic to my couch !
I am itchy all over today, so any advise , ie; leather allergy ?, or a remedy to stop the itch.?
Sue

Old 02-19-2006, 08:07 PM   #2
(female)

MandyPandy HB User
Re: help for itchy skin Please please !

could be. They could have pretreated the couch with something taht you are allergic to. I would have said excema if you would not have said it was this. I would have thought the prednisone would have helped but perhaps not if you were reexposing yoruself to it all the time. Have you tried taking benedryl or anything like that and staying off of the couch for a few days to see if it helps?

good luck!
Amanda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2006, 08:11 PM   #3
(female)

ajas HB User

Thanks Amanda, I am going out to buy a throw rug.I hardly sit on the damned thing now, allergic to ya couch just seems hilarious !
Sue

Old 02-19-2006, 08:21 PM   #4
(female)

ajas HB User

Um I just thought it maybe due to menopause as well !

Old 02-20-2006, 04:56 AM   #5
(female)

MandyPandy HB User

Does seem funny to be allergic to a couch doesn't it!!! I've learned if it's a possibility for me to be allergic to it I probably will be. I can definitely say if I were allergic to my NEW couch (I just bought a leather couch too) I would be furious as well!!! If it was treated with something (mine was and I also bought a package to treat it myself) hopefully it will ware out and you will get over the reaction.

good luck!
Amanda

Old 02-20-2006, 12:53 PM   #6
(female)

ajas HB User

Hi Amanda,
hope your couch is kinder to you than mine to me. I also posted on the menopause board, but wasnt allowed to duplicate, as I wondered if it had anything to do with "the pause " ( I'm 47) and the body is changing slightly, well actually alot.!
What are you allergic to, ? This is my first allergy ever, so its kinda peeving me off. and I am still itchy!!!
Sue

Closed Thread