It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2005, 07:21 PM   #76
(female)

dndrux HB User
Re: severe chronic urticaria

I woke up yesterday morning with my eye swollen shut. I am now suffering with hives coving my head and other parts of my body. My lip feels swollen and I started my mensus yesterday. If anyone else has experienced this let me know! Thanks!

Old 02-28-2005, 09:33 AM   #77

genster HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush347
I was curious, let's say I took a really hot shower and intentionally let myself break out in hives on every part of my body...would my histamine stores eventually be depleted, for at least a few hours...how much histamine can the average person produce exactly? Anyone know?
Judging by my experience, whatever amount of histamine it takes for you to be completely covered in hives, to the point where you think you are going to lose your mind due to itching, then your body can produce more histamine, just to drive your completely over the edge.

Hairdoer, sorry to hear about the intestinal bug... hope you are feeling better. Glad to hear the hives are abating though. Hopefully this will be a permanent turning point for you.
I am still battling the itchies, although they arent quite as bad right now. Perhaps the winter weather helps - not as much heat, not as much sun, both of which trigger hives for me.

I have also noticed a link between the severity of my outbreaks and my hormonal cycles - don't know that the doc would agree, but they aren't his hives, are they? I only connected it a few weeks ago, so haven't put it to long term testing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2005, 12:51 PM   #78
(female)

mrsschlep HB User

dndrux~ my face only swells when i take asprin like advil or something. I know that we may have two totally different cases but did you take anything for cramps or a headache. I took me a couple of times of taking Advil for me to link it with that since I have taken Advil my whole life for headaches and cramps. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Old 02-28-2005, 02:59 PM   #79
(female)

dndrux HB User

Thanks mrsschlep for responding...
I ended up in dr office today with my eye swollen and lip swollen and i was having a heck of a time breathing. Felt like someone was sitting on my chest with their hands clamped around my neck. this was my first episode with breathing troubles. It scared the heck out of me. i made an appointment to go to mayo clinic. I made me appointment in april so i can qualify for fmla at my job. you have to be there for a year before you qualify. that sucks!! But at least i am getting in! Thank god i hope they figure out what is wrong with me! they said to expect to be there 3-4 days! I hope they get down and dirty with my hives! and find a cure...now i am dreamin....at least find somethin that will help suppress them!! Thanks for all help from everyone here! you guys are great!!

Closed Thread