It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2006, 07:09 AM   #1
(female)

julieangel HB User
Stiff neck and achy!

This has been the worst season yet for my allergies. I've noticed lately that when my allergies flare up, my neck gets really stiff and my joints are sore, just really achy all over. I don't get the typical runny nose. I get pressure around my nose and eyes and my eyes are dryer than ususal.

My symptoms had let up for a few weeks after the trees were finished pollenating and now they're back again and I think it's the grass.

Does anyone have these same reactions? Also, does anyone know how long grass allergies last?

Old 05-18-2006, 11:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User
Re: Stiff neck and achy!

Yes, I notice neck pain most when I get sinus headaches. I think the neck pain is refered pain from the sinuses. The achiness is just part of the overall ill feeling allergies can give you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2006, 06:33 PM   #3
(female)

2catfans HB User

If I don't take my allergy meds, or let my allergies get out of hand, I feel like I have the flu.

Old 05-21-2006, 03:14 AM   #4
(female)

Geri_fi HB User

Hello,

I have the same type of allergy symptoms. The doctors have a hard time believing it. Last year I let my allergies get out of control and ended up with a spinal tap and tons of tests before the doctors were convencied it wasn't anything worse.

After allergy shots my hips are so sore I hate to walk, but it only last a few days.

Geri

Old 05-27-2006, 09:45 AM   #5
(male)

cappy7 HB User

Yes, I have the exact same symptoms. I've had allergies in the past, but this has been the worst I've ever felt. I typically just get lots of sinus pressure. Right now I'm experiencing, sinus pressure (sometimes my jaw hurts and my teeth ache), dark circles under my eyes, post natal drip, pressure in my ears (they pop a lot), and I have muscle and joint pain. Some days are better than others. The worse my head feels the worse the aches get in my body. I usually feel better in the morning and at night. It goes through waves. I'll feel good for a few hours then I'll feel bad for a few. I'm relieved to see some other folks are having the same symptoms. I didn't realize muscle and joint pain could be caused by allergies. Now I know.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:20 PM   #6
(female)

luvtheislands HB User

WoW!

I have had allergies all my life and I am feeling like this too. Achy, tired, pressure in one ear, etc.. this is really all a part of allergies? Has anyone's Dr. told them that achiness is a part of allergies? What causes the body to ache when its associated to allergies??

Old 09-09-2008, 12:38 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

lucylucy HB User

I don't know if they're necessarily related but it's hard to tell. I have allergies all year round, and occasional achiness and sore throat. If I feel really achy, along with other symptoms (dizzyness, fatigue, earache) it usually means I have a sinus infection. My chronic nasal allergies leave me susceptible to both viral and bacterial infections. I usually get at least one infection a year that requires antibiotics. It's like I can never shake off a cold like other people.

If my achiness includes swollen glands, earache, or swollen lymph nodes, I'll call the doctor. Last week I woke up with a big painful lump on the back of my head. It was a swollen lymph node, and I didn't know I had one there.

Closed Thread