It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2006, 04:10 PM   #1
(female)

mee4 HB User
Arrow How long does Post Nasal Drip last?

Okay, I been reading the other threads and it seems everyone has this for years or at least awhile.

This is scaring me because I just got it for 5 days now and its killing me. I cant eat, drink, talk or swallow because it hurts my tonsil and throat.

My current remedy is to taking Mucinex and Sudafed a couple times a day and drinking lots of tea and water. I also had to take NyQuil last night to get a good night sleep.
Is there anything else I can add?

Thanks!

Old 05-24-2006, 11:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User
Re: How long does Post Nasal Drip last?

Have you seen a doctor? If your throat is hurting that much, you might have a sinus infection that is now infecting your tonsils. It sounds like you need antibiotics.

Advil can be taken to help the pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2006, 08:17 PM   #3
(male)

Red Palms HB User

It sounds like a lot of people are getting this lately, myself included. It could be from the grass/pollen/trees allergy since it's that time of year. Just a guess since I haven't been tested for those yet.

Old 05-25-2006, 06:48 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

Oh my goodness, I came to this board just for this issue!!!! I was sick in the beginning of the week with a cold. I had a fever, chills, aches, etc. for about two days. Now that those have gone away, I have stuffiness and post nasal drip. My throat is sore ALLLLLLL day and night. I can't sleep well at night. I wake up gagging and coughing. Just plain coughing during the day makes me gag. I can't take it anymore!

The worst part of this is that I am 14 weeks pregnant so most medicines are out of the question. I can take Sudifed but it is a joke! It doesn't do a darn thing for me. Tylenol helps a little but I feel like I need something to dry up my sinuses.

I am hoping this is allergies and not a bacterial infection. It is hard to tell. Is there a way to tell the difference?

I think it is just that time of year - allergies!!!! I usually suffer a little bit from them, but I have NEVER suffered this bad. I am sure it is b/c I am pregnant. Will there be any relief in sight? I am thinking about closing all my windows in my house and turning the A/C on just to avoid the outside air. Ugh!

Old 05-25-2006, 08:21 PM   #5
(female)

HarajukuGurl2005 HB User

I have heard that when you are pregnant the change in hormones, I guess increased estrogen, can make your nasal membranes swell even more. Sudafed will help with drainage only. Are you stuffy, sneezy, any green discharge?

Old 05-26-2006, 02:25 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

not too stuffy or sneezy. Yellow stuff coming out of throat. Just very congested and my throat kills me. I think I have to go to the doctor today.

Old 05-26-2006, 06:30 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

The is a product, i just bought and just started using it so I can not tell you if it is perfect or not. It is called Oil of Oregeno It is an oil extract and strong aroma(mint). Dr. cass ingram wrote books on it. You can try it. It is about $25.00 for the oil in the vitamin shoppe. I have a difficult nasal drip going on, but so do a lot of people I am talking to lately.

Old 05-26-2006, 10:00 AM   #8

barbarasmith999 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mee4
Okay, I been reading the other threads and it seems everyone has this for years or at least awhile.

This is scaring me because I just got it for 5 days now and its killing me. I cant eat, drink, talk or swallow because it hurts my tonsil and throat.

My current remedy is to taking Mucinex and Sudafed a couple times a day and drinking lots of tea and water. I also had to take NyQuil last night to get a good night sleep.
Is there anything else I can add?

Thanks!
You might want to see a physician since they can run a battery of tests to diagnose the issue. I did it a while back and it made ALL the difference.

Closed Thread