It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2006, 02:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

don444 HB Userdon444 HB User
Question Worst Places for Mold Allergies?

When I lived in the mountains of PA I had a doctor tell me it was the worst place for mold allergies. When I was in DE I went to an ENT who told me I was in the worst state for mold allergies. I believed him because I could see the mold growing on most of the houses throughout the state. Now I am in NC and the first thing my new ENT told me was I was in the worst mold allergy area in the country. Outside of living on a dessert, is there any places with a minimum of mold allergens?

Old 08-27-2006, 09:50 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

thegardener HB User
Re: Worst Places for Mold Allergies?

I googled "map of mold counts in USA" and found a really interesting site which showed the mold counts in the US and all sorts of other interesting maps. At this time, the midsection of the country has the highest levels of mold and Florida. I went to another web site with mold and pollen counts (a national doctor's association) and it showed that Indiana and Illinois have huge mold counts, in the 30,000's/m3! I have read before that July has the highest mold counts in the US. I also looked at the weed levels in the US, and Illinois and Indiana are high for these too. Utah had the worst counts for weeds right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2006, 10:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User
Re: Worst Places for Mold Allergies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi
When I lived in the mountains of PA I had a doctor tell me it was the worst place for mold allergies. When I was in DE I went to an ENT who told me I was in the worst state for mold allergies. I believed him because I could see the mold growing on most of the houses throughout the state. Now I am in NC and the first thing my new ENT told me was I was in the worst mold allergy area in the country. Outside of living on a dessert, is there any places with a minimum of mold allergens?

I'm a little suprised that your PA doctor said it was bad for mold. I grew up there, and love going home to get away from the mold. Anywhere with lots of humidity will have mold. But even the desert has mold, believe it or not. Especially, where they grow citris fruit, where I live in AZ.

Closed Thread