It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2006, 07:20 AM   #1
(male)

zippy_mouse HB User
allergy and leaky gut syndrome

Hi,
I often hear that one of the causes of allergic diseases, including eczema, hay fever and asthma, is leaky gut syndrome, in which intestinal lining is pemeable and toxins easily pass through the damaged intestinal walls and into the blood stream. This causes problems in the skin or the lungs.
I talked about this to my doctor, who just poo-pooed about it.
He just uses drugs to reduce allergic symptoms.
Is there anyone who is aware of the causal links between leaky gut syndrom and allergic illnesses?
Thanks.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:34 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

thegardener HB User
Re: allergy and leaky gut syndrome

Oh do we ever know about leaky gut syndrome! If we would have relied on what the normal doctors said I would have a very, very, very sick child on my hands. Regular doctors do not understand this, and I don't know what it is going to take for them to understand it, but a lot of people are suffering because they do not. Advance search my username, thegardener, and read everything I have posted on leaky gut and my journey finding health for my daughter (save time and only read the allergy postings). The toxins are not what are leaking, it is the undigested food. You need to find a good alternative doctor. [removed] Yeh, regular doctors love to push meds. I personally think that they are in bed with the money making drug companies. Just think what would happen to all of the drug companies if people were cured through alternative doctors. Good luck to you.

Last edited by mod-anon; 09-11-2006 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Please do not offer to find doctors for people.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2006, 09:52 AM   #3
(female)

happymedium HB User

Hi, I have acid reflux & guess what now have allergys, I am going on monday to see Doc cause I really do not know what to eat.I posted on here the other day i am hoping I will get some tests done.Its starting to worry me now

Old 09-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

thegardener HB User

Hi happymedium, allergies can cause acid reflux because the constant post nasal drip is irritating to the stomach. This happened to my daughter and after we took care of the allergies (increased zyrtec and started allergy shots) her reflux stopped. Don't think that you have leaky gut syndrome because you have reflux, they are not related. If you have a lot of allergies (I looked up your previous posts and did you mention that you had drug allergies?) you might have leaky gut syndrome but then you might not. The symptoms that my daughter had was constipation/diarrhea with backed up stool on x-ray. Undigested food passing through. Instant diarrhea when she ate any fruit (realized that her inflamed gut couldn't digest the sugars and so water was pulled in by osmosis, and thus, diarrhea. She never developed a taste for sweet food). Severe stomach pains and of course all of her food allergies. We started treatment with her first alternative doctor (because pediatric GI at a teaching hospital was no help) and after two months of treatment, all of her symptoms disappeared except for the constipation (but not backed up on x-ray) the food allergies, and some stomach pain but not as severe. This all was 4 years ago and we found another alternative doctor last year who continued on with therapy (first doctor didn't know as much as second doctor) and we are just about done. Good luck with your allergy tests and I hope you find good health eventually.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:47 AM   #5
(female)

happymedium HB User

Hi,I feel I may have had allergies for a while ,when I was pregnant with my first my nose became a problem, always running & everything smelt weird ,I used a spray which was steroid based.I have not used this for a while ,my stomach problems seem to have started last year.I had a operation because I had phemothorax 3 times, then started with the acid reflux but I cannot take the meds for that because of being allergic to them.Think theres a bit of a war going on in my body, I never had a problem with tablets or food before so do not no what to do to be honest

Old 09-11-2006, 04:20 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

thegardener HB User

Happymedium, let us know how your tests turn out.

Last edited by thegardener; 09-11-2006 at 04:21 AM.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:19 AM   #7
(male)

zippy_mouse HB User

I've been suffering from psychological problems such as irritability, depression, fatigue, weakness and insomnia, since I was started on an inhaled steroid years ago.
I suspect that the steroid med is the culprit of the mental problems.
I stopped taking the steroid two month ago, because my asthma is well managed.
However, even now I have above mentioned psychological problems.

I also crave for sugar and carbonhydrate. I have allergic diseases. I feel bad in humid air. I have mood swings as I said...
All these things, according to a questionaire I answered, show that I have a leaky gut or yeast connection.

I've been on an anti candida diet for over 18 months. Basically it's working well.
Thanks to thid I could reduced and stopped the inhaled steroid.
Now I'm thinking of trying some nutritional supplements.
So far I've tried zinc, vitamin C, B, E etc. All of them help me, but
now I'm interested in glutamine, which I think directly repair the damaged intestinal walls. Also, I've heard that glutamine helps improve brain functions.
Is there anyone who tried glutamine in order to combat leaky gut syndrome?

Old 09-11-2006, 10:38 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

thegardener HB User

If you truly have a leaky gut or yeast problem, probiotics will help. The easiest way to get these is to eat yogurt. If that is a problem you can buy acidophilus and some other probiotics in the health food stores. Probiotics helps to restore normal flora to the gut. Good luck.

Closed Thread