It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2006, 04:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User
worse problems after endoscopic surgery

hi everyone, i had endoscopic sinus surgery about 3 years to date and have suffered more than imagined since.i had narrow passages,deviated septum and a large bone spur. before the surgery i had chronic infections,couldnt breath from my nose. about a month after the surgery i felt different mental wise,i know that makes no sense but i had depressed feelings i never had in my life and they have occured since.well 3 months after the surgery i was on 2000mg aug..daily for 2 months for a severe sinus infection and was out of work for 1 1/2 months.i got a bit better but have a constant infection in my maxillary pockets. the ent says all looks fine and to start back on my allergy shots,i tried them for 2 years with no improvement.i have a hydra pulse irrigator i use several times a week. tried all the steroid sprays but only for short periods.my boss got tired of me being out all the time and was fired while on leave for a infection. i started back on collodial silver last week to try to rid the infection. anyone had a experience after surgery

Old 09-21-2006, 05:13 AM   #2
(male)

thfc2006 HB User
Re: worse problems after endoscopic surgery

Hi hyper79

I do sympathise as I have a loosely 'similar' issue which I've described in the thread below which basically makes me feel like I have a permanent infection too.

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=430522[/url]

What do your doctors think is the problem at the moment?

Surgery doesn't *always* make things better for everyone in my experience. I've had two ops to help with a deviated septum + tonsillectomy to help ease frequent thoat infections - but none of these have helped bring any improvement for me.

Keep us posted on how things go.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2006, 06:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User

Hi, i checked out your post,sounds much like me.i stayed on antibiotics for a long stretch with z-packs being the only real helper.after the surgery i tried to ride my motorcycle, which was 6 months after the surgery and i was sick after each time i rode it but was not after the surgery,the same mowing the lawn dispite wearing the mask.the reason im not working is because of this crap.i was on a 7 day sick leave on my job and on the 3rd day of the leave my boss called and asked if i could drop off a load for him,i told him i was still sick and i would try, the next morning i was in the ER from sinus infection,the doped me up and did ct's...that afternoon i was fired because i didnt call in,even though i was under sick leave.our state employment laws suck!that left me with no insurance.im like you i feel sick all the time and the dr.'s tell me its seasonal allergies or depression.ive started back on collodial silver and irrigating more regular and it has helped alot. i dont feel well enough to go on the job hunt, i know it will be the same as my last job, in and out due to this. i told the last doctor i have no reason but to be depressed,im jobless,have a family to support and am sick all the time.it makes no sense.i should have not got that surgery but guess id be complaining if i hadnt??

Old 09-21-2006, 07:57 AM   #4
(male)

thfc2006 HB User

Try not to be too hard on yourself for having the surgery. Sometimes you have to go for these things and see what happens.

Have you asked the doctors if additional surgery would help? That's what I've been trying to push for. Even if there is only a small chance it would help me I'd give it a go as got nothing to lose - no way could it be any worse.

It certainly doesn't sound like you have a seasonal allergy. Can you get a second opinion?

Old 09-21-2006, 10:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User

hi, i had the allergy test done a while back and i was allergic to everything,mold,dust mites,dogs, rag weed ect..ive took the precautions inside my home hepa system and so on.i live in the country which i always have and am surrounded by ragweed. one dr told me if i moved to the desert it would help "lol" or to a more arid climate. actually im afraid of surgery at this point,for some reason i think he removed too much cilica if i spelled it correct or the nose filters.simple things i at one time enjoyed like riding bikes which i have for 15years i can no longer do,well since the surgery?? i did have a leaking pipe under my home during the summer and i do remember there was alot of mold in that area which happens to be beneath my bedroom,im going under there to bleach it this weekend, this home is not that old but the ground stays wet all the time.that may be my entire problem?? ive had many opinions,all say i have sinus disease and allergies?the only thing so far ive found to help with the recurring infection is the silver and irrigating on a regular basis.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:23 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

chigs489 HB User

I too had surgery a couple years ago. I'm not sure if it did anything. I still have a lot of problems. The structural problems can actually come back! Not something I knew until another doctor told me.

According to many doctors, sinusitis is a permanent condition. You can't get rid of it, only control it. The drugs used to treat sinus disease can be VERY dangerous, especially Prednisone and floroquinolone antibiotics like Avelox, Cipro and Levaquin. Prednisone cause permanent systemic damage and increases your chances of skin cancer ten-fold every time you take it. The floroquinolones can damage your nervouse system (peripheral neuropathy), snap your tendons, even put you in a wheel-chair.

No thanks.

The only thing you can try is mixing a small amount (3-4ml) of hydrogene peroxide into your irrigation solution, along with Xyletol. Use cool water, never warm. Blast away at the sinuses 3 times a day for 3-4 days, then use only Xyletol.

I've managed to clear bad infections this way, including one my doctor said would have to be cleared via surgery -trust me, it works.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User

hi, thanks ill try the peroxide in my mix,i tried xyletol only the samples that come with the hydro pulse, cant remember is it helped. ill give the cool water a shot,ive been using warm,i may be irritating the passages with warm water. thanks ill get some peroxide today

Closed Thread