It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2006, 06:05 PM   #1
(male)

Mathieu jofis HB User
a couple of weird things including bumps in throat

I have seasonal allergies but they aren't bad. Every spring/fall I usually just get alot of post nasal drip, some weeks ill get the bad eye itch, sneezing and runny nose. But - I always seem to get a sore throat that lasts for like 4 -6 weeks or itll lead into a sinus infection around this time.

Just recently I had the sore throat again, my glands right under my jaw were sore for about 4 or 5 weeks, hurt when I swallowed. Recently I've discovered red bumps on the back of my throat (behind the uvula on the back wall part) and I believe at the base of by tounge too. I went to an ENT and he said it was normal, it happens when the tissue is disturbed or something.

Since then (2 - 3 weeks ago now) the sore throat has gone away pretty much. Whats bothering me is - I still have these bumps every now and then (they get larger and sometimes go totally away) and just recently (5 days ago) something under the right side of my jaw has enlarged and I can feel it whenever I swallow like there is something stuck there. If I put my hand where my submandibular gland should be, it feels like there is a hard bump there. I keep freaking myself out with cancer but I'm sure its very unlikely as I'm only 19, I don't smoke, do not drink very often, not overweight at all, and fairly healthy. My family also doesn't have a lot of history with cancer. I read about salivary gland stones.. could this be a possibility?

I SING, and I take it very seriously. This gets REALLLLY annoying - has anyone had any of these symptoms... something they can tell me?!

you don't know how much I'd appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2006, 08:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User
Re: a couple of weird things including bumps in throat

Your post nasal drip is causing your sore throat. That enlarged bump under your jaw is most likely an enlarged lymph node. That is a sign that you have an infection, probably a sinus infection, and the infected drainage is infecting your throat.

I sing also, and while some voice teachers say not to take antihistamines because they are so drying, I feel the PND is much more damaging to the vocal cords in the long run, especially when it becomes infected. Taking antihistamines will help prevent the PND in the first place.

Old 10-04-2006, 10:15 AM   #3
(male)

Mathieu jofis HB User
Re: a couple of weird things including bumps in throat

well If this is a sinus infection then its a ***zarre one. I dont have a lot of post nasal drip like I would in a sinus infection I dont think. Its just a constant flow of it. No drainage coming through my nose at all, totally clear, and no other symptoms, I dont have a sore throat anymore... its just this bump that is annoying when I swallow. (and some of the spotted red bumps ont he back of the throat that come and go when they feel like it )

Closed Thread