It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #1
(male)

nasalsufferer36 HB User
Tried the Upside Down method described above

Hello all,

I read the Upside Down method using H202 to kill infections in the nasal sinus area with great interest. I've been a sufferer for many long years, taking anti-biotics but frustrated by the lack of a real permanent solution.

So with a big breath, I decided to try it.

I felt a little stinging as noted by the author, and felt bubbles come out of my nostrils. So I'm thinking, it's working!

I tried this twice over a period of 20 minutes, filling the nasal spray bottle each time. I felt my sinus opening up.

Here's my question:

20 minutes after doing this, I could feel a little bit of salty liquid seeping down in the back of my throat. I'm guessing that some of the mixture that was stuck in my sinuses is draining backwards into my throat.

Is this safe? I tried not to swallow the solution while I was doing it, but now, I have no choice but to swallow the little bits of liquid that is seeping down my throat.

Is the original author still around? Anyone can answer this?

Thanks!

Old 10-10-2006, 01:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User
Re: Tried the Upside Down method described above

That's perfectly normal, and it's okay if you swallow it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2006, 04:05 PM   #3
(male)

nasalsufferer36 HB User

Thanks for your response!

Update: Third day since first trying it, my sinuses are clearer. I stopped taking my anti-biotics about 7 days ago, and usually, I can feel the symptoms gradually returning. My hope is that using this upside down method can stave off a return of infection/sinusitis. The fact that I can breathe better is a good sign!

Old 10-11-2006, 07:11 PM   #4
(male)

nasalsufferer36 HB User

Update: Since doing the H202 flooding two days ago using the upside down method, I have sounded as though I have a cold, but my nose is remarkably open and easy to breathe. Before I flooded, each morning as I showered, as I blew out my nose, a lot of fluid would discharge out of my nose. Now, I don't feel any fluid is stuck there, and from time to time, I can feel liquid draining down my throat when I swallow my saliva. I am guessing that the flooding cured me of whatever was restricting normal sinus drainage. Now that the sinuses are no longer swollen, and draining properly, I no longer have a stuffy nose that I need to blow out through my nose each morning.

Except for the voice which sounds like it has a cold, and a slight sore throat, I feel very good.

I haven't done a sinus flooding since two days ago, and will only do one when I feel my sinuses are inflammed, blocked, or infected.

It's still early however to call this a total success but I am cautiously optimistic.

Old 10-15-2006, 04:57 AM   #5
(male)

nasalsufferer36 HB User

Update: Since my last update, I did the h202 flooding once more because my nose started to discharge white colored fluid. My sinuses have been amazingly clear throughout. I'm able to breathe easily, and I am not used to this feeling. It's nice to be able to breathe clearly, even when I'm asleep. I notice my nighttime sleeps have improved, and when I wake up, I no longer suffer clogged nose or swollen throat from breathing through my mouth all night.

Some concerns:

I feel a little stinging and dryness in my eyes. Flooding the nasal passages and sinuses theoretically kills all the bacteria, molds, fungi but could it possibly damage healthy membranes, glands or nerves? The eye and it's associated glands and nerves are nearby. I do not know the internal structures very well so I do not know how sinus flooding with H202 would affect the eyes, ears, or other healthy membranes inside this area.

Before I had done this flooding, I had experienced problems with focusing my eyes. I went to the doctors but nobody could explain it. The Anti-Biotics helped with the vision, and so far, H202 flooding hasn't worsened my vision. just a little dryness/stinging sometimes.

I wholeheartedly believe Sinusitis can be healed using this method because H202 has been proven to kill bacteria. Any germs that are in the nasal passages, and infected sinuses are killed, healing sinusitis. The problem is, with flooding, it is not possible to control or limit the areas H202 comes into contact with. It may harm healthy membranes and may be hazardous to the eyes, ears, or perhaps the brain.

Nevertheless, for a long-term sinusitis sufferer, this treatment has been like a miracle, and I do not discount it at all. All of my fears and concerns are just that, and not proven. Anti-biotics are limited in their ability to heal sinusitis because it can't reached the infected sinuses because there are no blood vessels in that area. Any such treatment with Anti-Biotics is temporary. Once the anti-biotics is stopped, the infection continues and the symptoms return. The nasal passages become swollen, and sinuses are blocked, and easily infected. Misery ensues.

One possible alternative that I may try in the future:

clearly, the flooding method works but H202 may be too potent. What if we substitute H202 with something less potent? such as Vinegar. I've read that Vinegar also kills molds, germs, bacteria. It could be that using a combination of Vinegar, salt, baking soda, and Xylitol may be a good mixture to safely kill bacteria, and germs in our sinuses.

For now however, I do not see a return of sinusitis symptoms. My Nose is very clear, and feels great. I am very happy with this discovery.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:24 AM   #6
(male)

nasalsufferer36 HB User

Update:

I've stopped using H202 as part of a saline solution that is flooded into the nose using the upside down method.

The reason is, H202 can be harmful to healthy cells, and the area flooded has all kinds of nerves, and is near the brain, eyes, and ears.

I've replaced H202 with Xylitol, which is proven safe, and can change bacteria to make it less harmful.

The solution I use is: Xylitol, salt, and baking powder diluted with water.

Since using this H202-less mixture, I have noticed that my nsasal passages are NOT as open as when I used H202. I can still feel my nasal passages are partially blocked. However, I do not feel that my sinuses are infected, or if they are, it is controlled. Bottom line: I feel good enough to feel normal, and breathe well. Before I did any of this, I had a hard time breathing during sleep. I'd wake up with a sore throat and felt light-headed/weak.

Now, when I wake up, I feel fine. It's because I am breathing through my nose during sleep.

I do the sinus flush whenever I feel my nasal passages are becoming blocked. This past week, I've done it 3x, or once every other day.

Overall, I am very happy that I am able to control my sinusitis without using a solution that includes H202, which is too strong and has too much risk.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:57 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

I'm glad it's working for you. I do plain saline rinses daily, and just the peroxide when I can feel an infection coming on. But it is mainly a comfoort issue, not a safety concern for me. My nose would get too dried out if I used peroxide daily.

From what I understand, antibiotics actually produce peroxide in the body, that's how they kill bacteria. But it is hard to get system antibiotics to the sinuses because of limited blood flow to them. I don't know why they don't invent some kind of antibiotic nasal spray for sinusitis.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:17 PM   #8
(male)

nasalsufferer36 HB User

Today, I did a H202 Sinus flooding. Its been several weeks since I had done one. I felt an infection coming on with it's usual symptoms: greenish discharge, itchy on the inside of the nose.

I used a tiny bit of H202, a little salt, and xylitol. I didn't feel any pain. Maybe my nose is used to sinus flooding now because I've done it frequently with an H202-less solution. I can breathe well now, but I've been breathing well all this time. I haven't had blockage.

From time to time, when I feel an infection, I will resort to H202 because it kills bacteria/germs.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:36 AM   #9
(male)

nasalsufferer36 HB User

I did another H202 Sinus flooding because my nose was still itchy, usually a sign that it's infected. Like yesterday, I used a very diluted mixture. Using 3% h202, I diluted it 5% with water, xylitol, and salt. If my nose is still itchy tomorrow, I will increase the dilution to 10% (1 capful).

Old 11-07-2006, 05:40 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasalsufferer36
Update:

I've stopped using H202 as part of a saline solution that is flooded into the nose using the upside down method.

The reason is, H202 can be harmful to healthy cells, and the area flooded has all kinds of nerves, and is near the brain, eyes, and ears.
I can only say that it has been safe for me. I've done somewhere around 100 nasal floodings with h2o2 over the past five years without any complications.

Quote:
The solution I use is: Xylitol, salt, and baking powder diluted with water.

Since using this H202-less mixture, I have noticed that my nsasal passages are NOT as open as when I used H202. I can still feel my nasal passages are partially blocked.
h2o2 acts as a decongestant, so, even though it is irritating to the nasal membranes, it acts to open them up.

Quote:
However, I do not feel that my sinuses are infected, or if they are, it is controlled. Bottom line: I feel good enough to feel normal, and breathe well. Before I did any of this, I had a hard time breathing during sleep. I'd wake up with a sore throat and felt light-headed/weak.

Now, when I wake up, I feel fine. It's because I am breathing through my nose during sleep.
I just bumped into your thread. I stopped checking here because there was no feedback for a long, long time. It's great that you have been able to get some benefit out of the nasal flooding! It has really been a great blessing to me. My nose has never been happier!

Quote:
I do the sinus flush whenever I feel my nasal passages are becoming blocked. This past week, I've done it 3x, or once every other day.
It took about seven months of infrequent nasal floodings before my discharge remained totally clear and thin. During those seven months, the discharge continued to improve, but remained green/yellow and either sticky or thick. I think that the reason that it took my sinus membranes so long to get healthy was because of the damage done to my nasal membranes by decades of infection.

I'm interested in how you do without the h2o2. I'm afraid of changing anything because I am doing too well, but I am interested in what others do.

Regards, and best of luck!

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Old 11-07-2006, 06:08 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
I wholeheartedly believe Sinusitis can be healed using this method because H202 has been proven to kill bacteria. Any germs that are in the nasal passages, and infected sinuses are killed, healing sinusitis.
The sinus cavities are somewhat harder to reach, especially the Maxillaries (under the cheek bone), and if fluid would get into the Maxillary sinus cavities, I don't know if that would be good or bad. Most of the killing of germs done during a nasal flooding is done within the Nasal Passages, which includes the Turbinates.

⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 11-07-2006 at 06:14 AM.

Old 11-07-2006, 11:18 AM   #12
(male)

nasalsufferer36 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerzoids
I can only say that it has been safe for me. I've done somewhere around 100 nasal floodings with h2o2 over the past five years without any complications.

h2o2 acts as a decongestant, so, even though it is irritating to the nasal membranes, it acts to open them up.

I just bumped into your thread. I stopped checking here because there was no feedback for a long, long time. It's great that you have been able to get some benefit out of the nasal flooding! It has really been a great blessing to me. My nose has never been happier!

It took about seven months of infrequent nasal floodings before my discharge remained totally clear and thin. During those seven months, the discharge continued to improve, but remained green/yellow and either sticky or thick. I think that the reason that it took my sinus membranes so long to get healthy was because of the damage done to my nasal membranes by decades of infection.

I'm interested in how you do without the h2o2. I'm afraid of changing anything because I am doing too well, but I am interested in what others do.

Regards, and best of luck!

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate you sharing your discovery with us. I've suffered Sinusitis for 20 years and the mere possiblity of managing this disease is a real miracle for us.

I've started doing sinus flooding about a month ago, when I was still taking anti-biotics. My nasal passages were open, and itch-free, but lately, it's getting itchy again. I can tell it's infected when I wake up, and feel the insides of my nose itchy.

So today, I did another sinus flooding with H202 at 10% dilution (1 capful). This will be a real test whether or not H202 works for me, so I have my fingers crossed. I don't think the H202-less solution works. Inspite of flooding it with the H202-less solution about 3x a week, my sinuses are once again infected. Itchiness, red eyes, and green discharge. Signs of an infection.

I'll keep doing the H202 flooding once a day and see how it turns out.

Last edited by nasalsufferer36; 11-07-2006 at 11:20 AM.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:03 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Thank you for your comments! I appreciate you sharing your discovery with us. I've suffered Sinusitis for 20 years and the mere possiblity of managing this disease is a real miracle for us.
I've enjoy the feedback from posting about Nasal Flooding, and have learned quite a bit from others experiences with it, so posting it on the Internet has been well worth the time.

The word "Managing" says it all. I don't think that we ever defeat Sinusitis. We've got to live our lives avoiding, as much as possible, those things that cause flareups in our sinuses.

Quote:
I've started doing sinus flooding about a month ago, when I was still taking anti-biotics. My nasal passages were open, and itch-free, but lately, it's getting itchy again. I can tell it's infected when I wake up, and feel the insides of my nose itchy.
My sinuses used to get achy, but not itchy. When I used to get sinus infections, I only knew it was infected because my sinuses would close up more and more each day, with a foul discharge, and would get more and more painful. By then, of course, a Nasal Flooding with peroxide would be of limited value.

There is no magic to Nasal Flooding, with peroxide, baking soda and kosher salt. All it does is kill germs that it can reach. Repeat infrequent treatments, can protect damaged nasal membranes from re-infection.

Quote:
So today, I did another sinus flooding with H202 at 10% dilution (1 capful). This will be a real test whether or not H202 works for me, so I have my fingers crossed. I don't think the H202-less solution works. Inspite of flooding it with the H202-less solution about 3x a week, my sinuses are once again infected. Itchiness, red eyes, and green discharge. Signs of an infection.

I'll keep doing the H202 flooding once a day and see how it turns out.
Sorry to hear that you are once again suffering from a miserable sinus infection.

Do you know the location(s) of your sinus infection(s)? Are they under your checkbones? Do you get a sinus headache over your eyes, or pain between your eyes? Do you had painful upper molars or jawbone?

Best of luck to you!

⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 11-07-2006 at 12:32 PM.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:18 PM   #14
(male)

nasalsufferer36 HB User

Quote:
There is no magic to Nasal Flooding, with peroxide, baking soda and kosher salt. All it does is kill germs that it can reach. Repeat infrequent treatments, can protect damaged nasal membranes from re-infection.
There is no magic, true, but the concept makes complete sense. Just for fun, I put a little bit of H202 on the metal edges of my kitchen sink, and almost immediately, you see bubbles as the H202 kills bacteria, germs, molds. It's amazing. So in theory, flooding the nasal passages with a 10% dilution mixture of salt, baking soda, 3% H202, and Xylitol should kill the germs, bacteria, molds that exists in our nasal passages. The only concern we might have is whether H202 can harm healthy cells.

Quote:
Sorry to hear that you are once again suffering from a miserable sinus infection.

Do you know the location(s) of your sinus infection(s)? Are they under your checkbones? Do you get a sinus headache over your eyes, or pain between your eyes? Do you had painful upper molars or jawbone?

Best of luck to you!
Thank you. We who suffer life long sinusitis understand how miserable it is. Until I did this flooding, I didn't know what was normal. I've been living my entire life with this misery, never able to breathe. Having poor sleep. waking up to sore throats, and feeling groggy due to poor breathing. It's a horrible way to live.

Just being able to sleep well at night has been a huge blessing for me.

When I have sinus infection, I get the following symptoms: itchy nasal membranes, green discharge. Closed up nasal passages. Headaches. Pain in my jaw. Cheekbones painful. I get them all. Not all at once but these symptoms all appear at times.

Horrible, isn't it?

Old 11-10-2006, 07:34 AM   #15
(male)

nasalsufferer36 HB User

Unfortunately, I should stop with the H202 flooding. My eyes have been stinging, dry and red since I've used H202 to flood my sinuses.

I am back to square one. The insides of my nose feels like it's burning. This is really really unfortunate. I wish to God that this worked, but H202 is too corrosive for me. I only used max 10% dilution of 3% h202 solution.

Closed Thread