It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2006, 12:56 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User
Weather changes effecting allergies.

Hi everyone.

I am a bit curious about something I was thinking about last night. I usually suffer from very bad allergies that effect me so badly its like I have a 24 hour raging flu or a heavy cold and sore throat with medication.

I was prescribed Telfast 2 months ago by my GP and it's thankfully been working. I noticed last night that I haven't taken my medication all this week and apart from a occassional sneeze the last 2 days - I have had no symptoms of allergies.

I was wondering if its because the weather is cold now. Does anyone else experience this? Weather changes effecting allergies?

Old 11-24-2006, 09:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: Weather changes effecting allergies.

After the frost, especially a heavy frost (below 20 degrees) the pollens are gone for the season. When it gets cold outside, mold cannot grow very well and the mold count goes way down.

Last edited by Sannah; 11-24-2006 at 09:40 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User

Hi there and thanks for your reply. Yep I know about the pollen count and Im very glad that's gone down. I'm very glad the meds are working too. Im back on them again now as allergys came back. As far as I know Im allergic to cat fur, fleas, pollen, dust, mould, feathers, perfume products (various ones) and some sprays. Have a good xmas.

Old 12-25-2006, 08:11 PM   #4
(male)

TexasHogDogs HB User

Hello, I live in Central Texas and brother I can tell you for a fact that weather changes here do definely effect people with allergies. I can tell you ever time a front is comeing in, when it gets within a day from me my allergies go wild and get bad bad. I was told that the reason for that is, is because the front is pushing all the pollen in front of it from other places it has been and it works like that. After it leaves I will be bad for four five days and hope to God another one isnt right behind it. So needless to say here in texas this time of year is bad for me and allergies suffers .

Jim

Closed Thread