It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2006, 11:03 PM   #1
(female)

ladyjustice HB User
Question How to use Simply Saline Nasal Mist?

I have been suffering from a stuffy nose for the past few weeks. I am guessing it is the climate and the fact that the heater has been on so the air is drier. I just bought some of this nasal mist but I'm not sure how far up into the nasal canal I should insert the nozzle? I tried gently spraying the mist into my nose and then I let the stuff run out of my nostrils and then I gently blew my nose. There hasn't been much improvment. Who knows how to properly use this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2006, 05:50 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: How to use Simply Saline Nasal Mist?

If you're clogged it's going to take a good bit to clear it out. You might want to do two good sprays in each nostril, wait minute or so and blow well. Since it's not addictive and doesn't have any drugs in it, you can use as often as you want.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2006, 12:57 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

pantherwrestler HB User

Tilt your head back and spray 2 drops in each nostril as often as needed. It loosens and thins thick mucus secretions to aid aspiration and removal of mucus from the nose and sinuses. It is also good for minor nose bleeds as it provides relief for dry nose.

Don't spray to hard or else it will be running down your throat. Just gently spray two drops in each nostril. You should see improvement. Regular nose decongestant sprays are often more irritating and simply saline is just salt and water but moistures good.

Good luck.

Last edited by pantherwrestler; 12-24-2006 at 12:58 PM.

Old 12-24-2006, 05:44 PM   #4
(female)

ladyjustice HB User

Before I started using this product, I just experienced a stuffy nose, where I would blow and nothing would come out. But since using this, it's given me a stuffy and runny nose. The mist part of it makes me sneeze and makes my nose run and then after blowing my nose, my nose still feels stuffed, as if my nasal canal is all expanded and won't let air through. I don't think that there is mucus or anything up there b/c I blow and nothing comes out.

I don't want to get addicted to Afrin or Otrivin so I am hoping that this will just pass. I don't believe I am allergic to anything and the area where I live doesn't contain much pollen or allergens. I drink tea and take showers to relieve it but it's just a temporary solution. Does anyone else know of long-term solutions to this congestion? It's getting so uncomfortable.

Old 12-24-2006, 08:50 PM   #5
(female)

bjsy HB User

Hi,

My allergy doctor told me to get Neil Med sinus rinse and use it instead of a saline spray. He said that with a spray you are just squirting the inside of your nostril whereas with the sinus rinse you are cleaning out your nose! Make sure you use distilled water to mix the solution with and it works great!!!

Becky

Closed Thread