It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2007, 06:55 PM   #1
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User
Allergy mystery Feeling depressed Help me

Hello,
I have recently (feb) developed a skin allergy , hives to something i 'am thinking cold air (weather) has something to do with it and maybe coffee , these seem to be the only common thing, by late afternoon the hives are gone and in the a.m when i wake up there are none, only after being out for a couple of hours and come back in and have a shower they reappear, when i went to a horse show last weekend it was only 9 degree's cel outside and only 3 degrees in the night and i was in a trailer with only a small space heater, i had them come out late morning ( after coffee ) and shower, i was very cold and it was windy, i was covered in hives they were everywhere. Once i got home they have been less and today hardly any and i didn't have any cofee either but it has also warmed up too! I have had skin testing and i tested mildy to maple , poplar , dust mites , cat , pollen and ragweed. But no allergy to foods although i found i had big bumps about 15 min after leaving allergy testing on my food allergies but she said it was a neg testing after 15 min when she checked. I'm not sure where to go from here is it possible to have a delayed reaction ? Should i get tested for chemicals to , maybe blood test for food allergies i feel as though i need ti investigate further but i don't no where to begin. allergist said that the cat / dust mitething would not present as hives more like stuffy nose is this true for everyone ?
Skipa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2007, 07:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: Allergy mystery Feeling depressed Help me

Skipa, I am so sorry, I know what all of this can be like. My only advice would be to go to an excellent alternative doc, since we have gone through all of this stuff with excellent results with them. I have a list of docs who deal with this stuff. I am not sure where you are in Canada but there is a doc in Calgary and one in Montreal plus Washington state.

Old 05-11-2007, 12:45 PM   #3
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

Hello,
thanks for the reply , i live in nova scotia so we are in the butt end of now where here for doc's. What is a alternative doctor ? This is all so confusing as i cannot figure out what is doing it so i can't avoid it. I'm driving myself and everyone around me crazy it's all i can think about urgh!!! Just when i think it could be something bang that's not what it is, i was avoiding coffee but i still have gotten a few today although not many. It seems as though when my whole body get's cold that i have more , but at night i have very few and during the night none and morning none until i have been outside for awhile , is it possible to be allerhic to wind , on my skin ?
Skipa

Old 05-11-2007, 10:46 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User

Has your allergist prescribed you any allergy medication?

Old 05-12-2007, 05:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Skipa, an alternative doc is a doc who practices methods that usual docs do not. Yeh, I don't know of any docs close to Nova Scotia.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:31 PM   #6
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

Hello,
No she hasn't prescibed an med's like that yet , she said not to take them unless you need them , is this because you get (used to them) and then have to go to a stronger dose or something. I've been taking benadryl and it works really we'll on them but someone said they can make you drowsey but i only take one and i seem to be fine. What about cream anybody use cream on hives?
I've been outside all day and it has been quite warm here and now i have them again about the size of the end of a crayon or smaller and they seem to be in patches , underside of arms whic is not expsoed to the cold so i really don't get that... I think it's just being outside in general is that possible ? As when i've been inside for awhile or when i go to sleep they disappear , this whole thing seems bizarre to me as it doesn't point to anything and where i don't have them in the a.m when i wake up seems strange too!
Sannah i'm not sure where i would ever find someone like that , the worst thing is my doc is gone until july , i wanted him to run blood work to rule out any ( big diseaes ) if i thought that it wasn't anything too serious i could relax a little , knock on wood they have been only bad in spells , but i have a few everyday does anyone else have hives everyday ?
Skipa

Closed Thread