It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2007, 03:12 PM   #1
(male)

coolkid9 HB User
Allegra, Zyrtec, Singulair, Claritin???

I have really bad seasonal allergies. Just minutes after going outside, or opening a window or door, it starts. Mostly sneezing and sinus congestion, and usually itchy throat/eyes. There are so many medications for allergies, I don't know which one to take. I've tried Allegra-D and it seemed to work a bit, but not well enough. Which one should I try next?

Old 05-29-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
(female)

anon2239 HB User
Re: Allegra, Zyrtec, Singulair, Claritin???

Wish I had an answer. I started taking Allegra D last week. Mixed results. Going tomorrow for Catscan. Then going to do some tests to see what is going on. This year has been the worst. Good luck.

Sabego

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2007, 08:05 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I use Zyrtec and it works great for me. However, if you wait until after the symptoms start, none of them will catch up immediately. You need to start them before you have symptoms in order to be symptom free.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:34 PM   #4
(female)

Galaxy_Sug HB User
Cool Re: Allegra, Zyrtec, Singulair, Claritin???

I am currently taking Singulair and Zyrtec and the combo of them both did wonders for me. I started developing allergies last summer where I had trouble breathing so my doctor put me on Singulair and Zyrtec. It took a little while for them to fully kick in, but they work great now. A word of caution about Singulair (for me anyways...dosn't mean it will be the same for you), but I tried dropping off Singulair once because it is SUPER expensive if you don't have insurance and when I tried dropping off it my symptoms felt worse then they did initially. My friends who also take Singulair also said the same thing. So I bit the bullet and continued on Singulair (my insuance kick back on again) . Hope you find relief for your allergies soon!

Take Care!

Old 05-31-2007, 12:08 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User

I take allergra D every morning, if I remember, then if I have a bad allergy I take 2 Benadryl. No other kind has worked for me, but you have to try to see which work for you. but allergra does not stop an allergy attack for me, but it really helps prevent them. Where is Benadryl stops an attack. Depending on how bad it is, will depend on what kind of Benadryl I take. no other OTC meds work for me. they are all made with different drugs. But since I got my new Meds, I havenít opened my Benadryl yet. I still have sneezing attacks but itís not as bad as a full blown allergy attack.
The Allergra that works best for me is the big pill with 2 different colour sides. But Iím tired of OTC meds, and want to try the shots next.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

I have done Claritin.. then Zyrtec.. swapped to Allegra and went back to Zyrtec. Zyrtec has been teh best option for my family.. we do not do the D varients. Instead we get the 24 hour anti-histamine and get a side script for Dynex.. the max dosage of phseudophed allowed. Then when we need the decongestant we take it and don't risk over dry sinus headaches.

Best of luck finding what works best for your body.

Sincerely,
MG

Closed Thread