It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2007, 07:05 AM   #1
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User
Post nasal Drip and Loose Bowels?

I have had what i thought was a cold with severe stuffy nose with intermitten bouts of nausea diarhea , then it went to my throat lost my voicet this week headache stiff neck still upset stomach and diarrhea not all day long just when i would have top go to bathroom anyway it would be very loose do allergies like post nasal drip cause this?
Skipa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2007, 07:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: Post nasal Drip and Loose Bowels?

Skipa, I would be worried about a stiff neck. Have you called the doc?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2007, 12:17 PM   #3
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

Hello,
No the stiff neck has since gone i believe that was the stuffed up head that caused that , my main concern is my stomach not feeling right , i'm getting concerned as it has been a month like this quite loose sometimes diarrhea and then for a few days it seems normal and then back at it again , like i said it's not all day that i have the trot's , so you don't think a postnasal drip would cause that ? Although today it seems i've had an upset stomach mostly all day it's not real bad , just enough to let you know that it was there.
Skipa

Old 06-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Skipa, food allergies can cause diarrhea and stomach pain. Can you narrow down what you eat and when you have symptoms?

Old 06-04-2007, 03:31 PM   #5
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

Hi Sannah,
No i don't believe it is a food allegy as i have been tested and nothing showsup , it just was wondering if a person that had a sinus infection could get upset stomach from it or not? Have your allergies been really bad this spring?
Skipa

Old 06-04-2007, 10:01 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

I have pretty severe year-round allergies and have problem with this when I get bad post nasal drip. In particular, when I have alot of PND overnight, I often wake with diarrhea. I don't typically have any bowel problems at other times.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:41 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Skipa, my kids are having a really hard time this spring. I has been warm the last few years and we had good rain last year so I think that the pollen levels are really high.

As for testing for food allergies, allergist blood tests are only IgE allergy tests and not everyone reacts to the scratch tests. My daughter's food allergies were IgG and this is a different blood test. I just read on the other thread that you think you might have a yeast overgrowth. This could definitely cause you these troubles.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:49 PM   #8
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

Hi Sannah,
That's to bad about your kid's , i know what it's like but it soon passes with me right around july. I'm not sure if i have a overgrowth of yeast or not , i'm just trying to figure out what's going on with my body right now. My doc is gone until Aug so i don't want to feel likethis all summer and thought that there was something i could do , how does one check for yeast in the intestines? Some of the symptoms for yeast are the same as for ibs is it not ,?
Skipa

Closed Thread