It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2007, 10:09 PM   #1
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 113
velvet rose HB User
nose runs NON STOP, please help

My nose runs non stop and this has been going on for about 10 years. I'm always stuffy and have drainage and ALWAYS have to blow my nose. Two ENT's I've seen think it's due to allergies. If it is allergies, what will help? I don't want to have to go through 2 years of allergy shots. I've tried Claritin, Singulair, Flonase and NOTHING helps. Anyone else have this problem and what do u suggest? I need relief! I also get nose bleeds.

 
Old 07-05-2007, 03:49 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 14,353
Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: nose runs NON STOP, please help

You say two ENTs think it's allergies. Have you been tested for them? Claritin and Singulair do not work for a lot of people. Have you tried Zyrtec? Or benedryl? Depending on how bad you test, you may really not have any options other than shots...and if they can get you done in 2 years, you better do it! The normal time span is a 5 year regimen - which I've done 3 times in my 61 years. And yes, it's a pain, but it works. It isn't permanent, but I get about 15 years out of them so it's worth it to me.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 07-05-2007, 08:20 AM   #3
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: League City, Texas, USA
Posts: 13
suz0320 HB User
Re: nose runs NON STOP, please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet rose View Post
My nose runs non stop and this has been going on for about 10 years. I'm always stuffy and have drainage and ALWAYS have to blow my nose. Two ENT's I've seen think it's due to allergies. If it is allergies, what will help? I don't want to have to go through 2 years of allergy shots. I've tried Claritin, Singulair, Flonase and NOTHING helps. Anyone else have this problem and what do u suggest? I need relief! I also get nose bleeds.
Have you tried a nasal rinse? My ent said he used it all the time and it really helped him. I started using it about a month ago and I had a runny nose, post nasal drip and bad sore throat. I have none of these now. The one I use is by Neilmed. I like this system because it comes with everything you need in one box and its cheap! Its better imo than the neti pot because when you squeeze the little bottle you get some pressure behind it and it really cleans out those sinuses.My ent told my that pollen, dust, etc gets in your sinuses and causes your body to create mucus to clean them out. Blowing your nose doesnt get rid of the dust, pollen and other irritants but the nasal rinse does. I had used the nasal rinse for about a week, twice a day and after that I had no more problems. I use it weekly now or if I start sneezing. The little packets it comes with are pre measured and you just put it in the bottle and fill the bottle to the line with bottled water and shake. It doesnt sting at all like regular salt water does. Its worth a try. Its at all the drug stores. I live by this stuff now. I had been suffering with sinus problems for 30 years and now its so much better. I hope you feel better soon.

 
Old 07-05-2007, 11:21 AM   #4
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 113
velvet rose HB User
Re: nose runs NON STOP, please help

Thanks so much for the help! I'll look into the nasal rinse, hopefully that will take care of the problem but if not, I guess allergy shots are the only other option. I'm excited about trying the nasal rinse!

 
Old 07-05-2007, 11:31 AM   #5
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: League City, Texas, USA
Posts: 13
suz0320 HB User
Re: nose runs NON STOP, please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet rose View Post
Thanks so much for the help! I'll look into the nasal rinse, hopefully that will take care of the problem but if not, I guess allergy shots are the only other option. I'm excited about trying the nasal rinse!
Remember it might take a while for it 2 work completely but you will feel better after the first try.. Use it twice a day at first. When I first started using it I could not believe all the stuff I blew out of my nose after I had tried neilmed nasal wash. Geez, I sound like a commercial. lol. It says to use warm water but I preferred mine at room temp. It was more soothing to me. I keep a case of Ozarka water under the sink just for my nasal rinse. Good Luck

 
Old 07-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #6
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 113
velvet rose HB User
Re: nose runs NON STOP, please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by suz0320 View Post
Remember it might take a while for it 2 work completely but you will feel better after the first try.. Use it twice a day at first. When I first started using it I could not believe all the stuff I blew out of my nose after I had tried neilmed nasal wash. Geez, I sound like a commercial. lol. It says to use warm water but I preferred mine at room temp. It was more soothing to me. I keep a case of Ozarka water under the sink just for my nasal rinse. Good Luck
Thanks again I'll let you know how it works for me!

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Runny nose and sneezing for now apparent reason NasalNonsense Ear, Nose & Throat 0 08-16-2009 01:49 AM
Bizzar Runny Nose Nick Adler Ear, Nose & Throat 0 06-03-2009 12:25 PM
Burning in nose from snorting hydrocodone too long make it stop! menmybooboo Addiction & Recovery 15 06-05-2008 09:52 AM
Opiate Withdrawal, Runny Nose jwf222 Addiction & Recovery 4 12-09-2007 04:36 PM
Nose runs when eating any kind of food reena83 Ear, Nose & Throat 2 09-02-2007 08:51 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added




Top 10 Drugs Discussed on this Board.
(Go to DrugTalk.com for complete list)
Allegra
Astelin
Benadryl
Clarinex Claritin
  Flonase
Nasonex
Prednisone
Singulair
Zyrtec







All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:02 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Copyright and Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!