It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2007, 10:09 PM   #1
(female)

velvet rose HB User
nose runs NON STOP, please help

My nose runs non stop and this has been going on for about 10 years. I'm always stuffy and have drainage and ALWAYS have to blow my nose. Two ENT's I've seen think it's due to allergies. If it is allergies, what will help? I don't want to have to go through 2 years of allergy shots. I've tried Claritin, Singulair, Flonase and NOTHING helps. Anyone else have this problem and what do u suggest? I need relief! I also get nose bleeds.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:49 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: nose runs NON STOP, please help

You say two ENTs think it's allergies. Have you been tested for them? Claritin and Singulair do not work for a lot of people. Have you tried Zyrtec? Or benedryl? Depending on how bad you test, you may really not have any options other than shots...and if they can get you done in 2 years, you better do it! The normal time span is a 5 year regimen - which I've done 3 times in my 61 years. And yes, it's a pain, but it works. It isn't permanent, but I get about 15 years out of them so it's worth it to me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2007, 08:20 AM   #3
(female)

suz0320 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet rose View Post
My nose runs non stop and this has been going on for about 10 years. I'm always stuffy and have drainage and ALWAYS have to blow my nose. Two ENT's I've seen think it's due to allergies. If it is allergies, what will help? I don't want to have to go through 2 years of allergy shots. I've tried Claritin, Singulair, Flonase and NOTHING helps. Anyone else have this problem and what do u suggest? I need relief! I also get nose bleeds.
Have you tried a nasal rinse? My ent said he used it all the time and it really helped him. I started using it about a month ago and I had a runny nose, post nasal drip and bad sore throat. I have none of these now. The one I use is by Neilmed. I like this system because it comes with everything you need in one box and its cheap! Its better imo than the neti pot because when you squeeze the little bottle you get some pressure behind it and it really cleans out those sinuses.My ent told my that pollen, dust, etc gets in your sinuses and causes your body to create mucus to clean them out. Blowing your nose doesnt get rid of the dust, pollen and other irritants but the nasal rinse does. I had used the nasal rinse for about a week, twice a day and after that I had no more problems. I use it weekly now or if I start sneezing. The little packets it comes with are pre measured and you just put it in the bottle and fill the bottle to the line with bottled water and shake. It doesnt sting at all like regular salt water does. Its worth a try. Its at all the drug stores. I live by this stuff now. I had been suffering with sinus problems for 30 years and now its so much better. I hope you feel better soon.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:21 AM   #4
(female)

velvet rose HB User

Thanks so much for the help! I'll look into the nasal rinse, hopefully that will take care of the problem but if not, I guess allergy shots are the only other option. I'm excited about trying the nasal rinse!

Old 07-05-2007, 11:31 AM   #5
(female)

suz0320 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet rose View Post
Thanks so much for the help! I'll look into the nasal rinse, hopefully that will take care of the problem but if not, I guess allergy shots are the only other option. I'm excited about trying the nasal rinse!
Remember it might take a while for it 2 work completely but you will feel better after the first try.. Use it twice a day at first. When I first started using it I could not believe all the stuff I blew out of my nose after I had tried neilmed nasal wash. Geez, I sound like a commercial. lol. It says to use warm water but I preferred mine at room temp. It was more soothing to me. I keep a case of Ozarka water under the sink just for my nasal rinse. Good Luck

Old 07-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #6
(female)

velvet rose HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by suz0320 View Post
Remember it might take a while for it 2 work completely but you will feel better after the first try.. Use it twice a day at first. When I first started using it I could not believe all the stuff I blew out of my nose after I had tried neilmed nasal wash. Geez, I sound like a commercial. lol. It says to use warm water but I preferred mine at room temp. It was more soothing to me. I keep a case of Ozarka water under the sink just for my nasal rinse. Good Luck
Thanks again I'll let you know how it works for me!

Closed Thread