It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2007, 10:16 PM   #1
(male)

joeygambino HB User
Will Taking Claratin/Zyrtec everyday ....will my body eventually build resistence ?

I've got mild symptoms but very annoying. Mainly I get the nasal congestion and stuffy nose, runny nose etc. It does get better with Claritin, Zyrtec

My QUestion is : I DO NOT WANT TO BUILD RESISTANCE to these drugs because they work so well.

will my body eventually going to get used to the medication and will they no longer work ?

Is there anything wrong with taking a zytec tablet everyday ..whether I have symptoms or not ?

can these drugs be taken indefinetly ?

thanks

Last edited by joeygambino; 08-08-2007 at 10:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 06:00 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Will Taking Claratin/Zyrtec everyday ....will my body eventually build resistence

Some people build a resistance, some don't. There is no way to know. And yes, you can take them indefinitely. Don't know that I would take them if I wasn't having symptoms though. If you just have seasonal allergies, I would stop them during the time the allergies don't bother you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 07:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Will Taking Claratin/Zyrtec everyday ....will my body eventually build resistence

Well if both claritin and zrytec work for you you can always alternate.. one year zyrtec one year claritin. This will guarantee that you do not develope a resistance to the mediciation. As far as how long can on take it? I have been on zyrtec since it was introduced. Couldn't take Claritin it gave me palpatations.. Did Allegra, but it wasn't as good for me as the zyrtec. So overall I have been on zyrtec for a little over 11 years.

Sincerely,
MG

Closed Thread