This is just something that took me 20 years to figure out.
The thing is, I knew when I was having an allergy, and I never thought anything of it, unless I couldn’t breath. and I took my meds, and waited for it to go away. But I didn’t know what was going on with my body, and how dangerous it can be in other ways! So I feel I have to share, and this might be really good to know if you have a child with bad allergies, asthma or eczema
As you all know allergies can do a million different things to you. Cause a hive (swelling in one spot) itchy, and scratching until it is bleeding. Not fun, if you ingest a food you are allergic to, it can cause that same effect in side of you. Only you can’t scratch it since it is inside of you, which I think is a good thing, how many times have you been told not to scratch. Lol If you have a bad allergy to peanuts or something like that, the inflammation goes in to your stomach and the pain is so bad, and the inflammation in your thought can close it, causing you to stop breathing, and that is a trip to the hospital. Maybe even death... Any inflammation that can cause you to stop breathing is taken very seriously, and we all know that. but any other inflammation that is dangerious, we don't knowso much. But I think it should be just as important.
Allergies cause HUGE inflammation, and allergy pills can help to bring that down. And if you have asthma as well, well then you know you can even get inflammation in the lungs. If you have sinus problems, then you know that you can get inflammation in the sinus’ if your eyes are itchy and red, you have inflammation in the eyes. And they become itchy. Scratching them can be very bad!
For myself, as a child I would sit in my room all by myself with itchy red eyes and rub and rub, until I felt so bad, I could barly see, or even open my eyes. Then I would rub my whole head. These are things I did alone, so if you have children with allergies, you don’t always know how they are, try talking to them as much as possible. Because I found out later that if you rub your eyes rather then take a med (which most children do) the inflammation will spread into your sinus’s and push against the brain. (which is why I would rub my head) its not a head ach, its pressure. Which causes learning difficulties in children. And if it continues for years and years, even brain damage.
When you need to worry is If you have pressure against the brain, it would feel like a tickle in your head. A very vary bad, strange tickle or an electrical charge.
What doesn’t work is trying to get whatever it is that is causing the inflammation out of your eyes. We get so focused on the eyes as that is what we SEE happening, but more things are happening then just your eyes are itchy and red. Because you may not know what caused the allergy, it could have been inhaled. I have sat there forever running my eyes under water or using eye drops that never worked. However I have never tried those new eye drops for allergies, I’m sure they would help with inflammation in the eye.
If the inflammation spreads to the sinus, then you need to take a pill for that too. Meds usually work, but so far the best thing for myself is putting a cold wet cloth over my eyes and forehead, and sometimes adding ice. It brings down the inflammation fast, and taking medication at the same time can block the allergy, which will help it go away even FASTER.
If you have tickling feeling, you put an ice bag on the top of your head aswell. For myself, once I put the ice on my eyes and forehead, I have never had it spread anymore since. if I do this I can stop it fast and not let it get to that dangerous point. The ice bags help with the inflammation, and a cold wet cloths helps catch any allergens that want to fall out of your eyes while your eyes are close and they clean and tear. If it was inhaled. As in started in your sinus’ and moved to your eyes, an allergy pill will help stop the allergen and you can sneeze it out. Try not to use toilet paper since the particles may just be re inhaled, and it will not go away. And it is really not good for your body if toilet paper particles get into your blood stream. So again, a cold wet cloth works faster. For a sinus or eye allergy.
And just so you know there are people out there who HAVE gotten brain damage because of bad allergies. And it is proven, so I think this is something we should take more seriously, not only the lungs. Not many people know.
any questions, comments?