It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2007, 12:07 PM   #1
(female)

weaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB User
Unhappy nasal drainage

I have been suffering from inflammation in my stomach and my gastrologist can not seem to figure out a solution to fix it or what is causing it. They thought it was my gallbladder, so they took it out. My gallbladder was only working 14%, but I still have the same sickness going on, Stomach pain, nausea, head aches, slight fever (100-101). Can nasal drainage cause inflammation in the stomach? I have been sick sense April and had many test done, urine tests, blood tests, stool tests, colonoscopy, endoscopy, x- rays,

Old 09-30-2007, 03:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User
Re: nasal drainage

Allergies from foods can cause nasal drainage & intestinal inflammation for me. Have you tried an elimination diet to see if food could be the problem? What is your favorite foods? Hope you get better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2007, 06:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

You are discribing a sinus infection grade fever. Have you been to an ENT and had an MRI or CT Scan run to determine if you have an impacted sinus infection in your back or ethnoid sinuses? Sinus infections if impacted can take up too two months to clear out with some stout antibiotics.

Sincerely,
MG

Old 10-01-2007, 06:45 PM   #4
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgbrook View Post
You are discribing a sinus infection grade fever. Have you been to an ENT and had an MRI or CT Scan run to determine if you have an impacted sinus infection in your back or ethnoid sinuses? Sinus infections if impacted can take up too two months to clear out with some stout antibiotics.

Sincerely,
MG
My doctor has had me on 4 different types of antibiotics. He thought I had an infection too. I had sinus surgery in April and sense then I have had really bad head aches. I started getting really sick a week before my nose surgery. After my surgery I fell apart. I also notice I have more nasal drainage then usual. I have always had a little going on but now itís gotten worse. Iím just trying to see if it can play apart in my gastric inflammation. My gastrologist is sending me now to a neurologist. He says that my head aches could be causing my nausea. He says I shouldnít be so nauseated from the inflammation (are you kidding me?!) I get sick after eating. So can drainage cause all these problems? Inflammation in the stomach, headaches, low grade fever, nausea and over all sick feeling.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:43 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Don't know about inflammation of the stomach for sure.. I know drainage or post nasal drip can cause GERD, LPR, and nausea. When excess drainage hits the stomach it causes the stomach to trigger and produce acid.. only problem with the drainage and the newly generated acid is.. the drainage will not be digested and thus neutralizing the newly added acid. So the volume and concentration of your stomach acid increases.. eventually this acid gets to such a level it percolates up and down your esphogus and even into your sinuses.

If you are refluxing in your sinuses this can increase the sinus aggravation and drainage. So here are a few more questions for you. Did you GI diagnose you with GERD or LPR? Do you have allergies or have you been tested for allergies? What was the exact sinus surgery performed?

If say you had a sinus blockage of some form or fashion and thus was unable to drain properly.. a surgery to remove said blockage would then allow a previously unknown tendancy for post nasal drip to go with out notice. Once open.. niagra falls. Acid Reflux, stomach and sinus irritation, etc.

Are you on an antihistamine.. like zyrtec, a decongestant - psuedophedrine based, nasal steriod/antihistamine, acid reflux medication - nexium/protonix/tagament HB/Prilosec? If you are keeping you sinuses irritated you may be working with constant chronic sinusitis and thus suffering from the low grade fever as a result.

Sincerely,
MG

Old 10-05-2007, 06:48 PM   #6
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgbrook View Post
Don't know about inflammation of the stomach for sure.. I know drainage or post nasal drip can cause GERD, LPR, and nausea. When excess drainage hits the stomach it causes the stomach to trigger and produce acid.. only problem with the drainage and the newly generated acid is.. the drainage will not be digested and thus neutralizing the newly added acid. So the volume and concentration of your stomach acid increases.. eventually this acid gets to such a level it percolates up and down your esphogus and even into your sinuses.

If you are refluxing in your sinuses this can increase the sinus aggravation and drainage. So here are a few more questions for you. Did you GI diagnose you with GERD or LPR? Do you have allergies or have you been tested for allergies? What was the exact sinus surgery performed?

If say you had a sinus blockage of some form or fashion and thus was unable to drain properly.. a surgery to remove said blockage would then allow a previously unknown tendancy for post nasal drip to go with out notice. Once open.. niagra falls. Acid Reflux, stomach and sinus irritation, etc.

Are you on an antihistamine.. like zyrtec, a decongestant - psuedophedrine based, nasal steriod/antihistamine, acid reflux medication - nexium/protonix/tagament HB/Prilosec? If you are keeping you sinuses irritated you may be working with constant chronic sinusitis and thus suffering from the low grade fever as a result.

Sincerely,
MG
I have acid reflux disease and I am on aciphex for that. They removed swollen tissue from my nose and I had a deviated septum. I have been tested for allergies and it came back negative. But my doctor in Illinois said I have an over active something ( I forgot what it was) it has been many years ago, but I have been off of allergy medicine for awhile, but I do take Sudafed when it gets worse. I have really bad headaches and they tried many migraine medicines and nothing works. I go in for a MRI on the 10th so weíll see from there.

Closed Thread