Im 21 years old, and ive been drinking alcohol since i was 18 years old. A week ago i drank too much and i was a mess...i was very intoxicated. Well the next night a friend came over who i havent seen in a long long time. So we poured a whiskey and coke. I started sipping on this drink. 20 minutes go, we are chit chatting and i eat some doritos. About 5 minutes later my throat closes up, i have hives all over and i feel like im going to pass out. so i get some bennadryll and pop two. (i have no other allergies except for like seasonal BS pollen, mold the usual.) so a week goes by and my allergies have been acting up like crazy, i just assumed it was the weather changing since thats when it usually happens. well i drank again the next weekend..and my sinuses were going nuts... i didnt get drunk and i didnt go into anaplhyactic shock or anything. So i went to the allergist today and she did the food test on my back and she said on a scale of 1-4+(4 being absolutely deadly) I have a 2+ allergy to brewers yeast. This sucks so much i cant explain.....well it could be worse, but Im in college and i enjoy the taste of beer and whiskey and so on. Its just so weird that it came on like that. now i have a few questions, and i would really appreciate some insight.
1. should i get a second opinion?
2.are there any alcohols that are safer to drink than others with this allergy. because ive heard that some vodkas are made from potatoes or whatever and its safer for this. Also it was poor quality whiskey i was drinking...could it be because it wasnt distilled enough or something?
I assum whiskey and beer and wine is out which sucks cause thoses are my favorite, but im wondering about like vodka,gin,rum,jagermeister.
I guess if its no more alcohol forever i can deal with it, i just want to make sure before i throw in the towel