It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2007, 06:03 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Sco24 HB User
Leaky gut STILLLLL

wow, just got my 2nd intestinal permeability test back and it's still showing my gut lining is hyper-permeable. going crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzy... any ideas?

thanks
scott

Old 11-29-2007, 04:56 AM   #2
(male)

tonster120 HB User
Re: Leaky gut STILLLLL

I have been calling gastroentronologists and so far NONE will do any tests for Leaky gut? What type of doctor are you going to and what was the test called again? Thanks for any help.

Last edited by tonster120; 11-29-2007 at 04:57 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2007, 06:00 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

whatishappening HB User

Hi. I was diagnosed with leaky gut one week ago. I had food allergy testing done at a natural dr. I am allergic to dairy,eggs, soy and cain sugar. How long have you had this ?? The only thing i had was allergy testing, and the dr. said that it was leaky gut. Does anyone about long it takes to heal ?? I know i am taking all these suppliments and mixing powders with glutimine.
Thanks

Old 11-30-2007, 05:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Hi Sco, our doc fixed up my daughter with her leaky gut so you can be helped. Maybe contact our doc and see if he knows of anyone around you who can help you? Our doc does phone consults. He is Theodore Cole in Cinncinati, Ohio.

Last edited by Sannah; 11-30-2007 at 05:26 AM.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Sco24 HB User

sannah,

thanks i will give him a call and see what he has to say... I'm actually going to go up to seattle next friday to see a woman regarding mercury chelation and also my leaky gut.. i want to rule out Mercury as a cause for this, or a contributing factor. if it is, i will chelate the rest of the mercury and see if she can offer any more assistance for the leaky gut.. if she can't i will absolutely pursue Theodore Cole more aggressively.

how was Theodore Cole anyhow? knowledgable? what was the cause of your daughter's leaky gut? what was the treatment like? i definitely want fix this before i entertain getting those LDA shots.. because i'm not going to spend all that money and find out something else is still causing the permeability.. and i want it to work the best it can.. and who knows. if i fix the leaky gut i might not even need those shots.

TONSTER

no gastro will do this test.. gastros are a waste of time in regards to leaky gut. gastros want to give you a pill to fix something, or cut you open to see what's wrong. you have to go to an alternative doctor, or an MD who's is versed in this sort of thing.. either one shouldn't be hard to find.. i've had 2 or 3 MDs in my area who know of and believe in leaky gut. my primary MD actually told me NOT to go see a gastro because they won't help you.. they are completely off the WESTERN medicine spectrum and refuse the leaky gut idea. the test is called INTESTINAL PERMEABILITY or LACTULOSE/MANNITOL CHALLENGE TEST.. you can get it through doctor's data, or great smokies diagnostics but you need a doctor to order it for you.

WHATISHAPPENING

leaky gut normally heals in like 6 months average or more depending on how bad it is damaged or what is damaging it. it could be diet, sweets, alcohol, candida, parasites, etc. causing the problem. so you need to work with a knowledgable doctor to do that.. i would start by eliminating foods you are allergic to, and gluten because that can cause leaky gut by itself if you are sensitive to it. then cut out processed sugar for a while and see how it goes.. mostly people heal up pretty fast if they avoid the cause of the problem... but if it's more complicated you can see specialty docs to help you with it.. as i am trying to do now.. (my case seems to be way complicated) because i'm not sure what's causing mine.. might be mercury because i did chelation therapy the "wrong" way a year or 2 ago.. so we'll see..

take it easy everybody.. and GET HEALTHY!
scott

Old 11-30-2007, 04:35 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

whatishappening HB User

Hi Scott. Thanks for the advise! My leaky gut is because of food allergies. ( I found this out with testing. ) What are your symptoms? I have autoimmune disease, connective tissue disease like arthritis spicifically. I too need murcury poisioning testing done. My dr. really thinks this is contributing to my problems. Fortunately my natural dr. is also a md too ! I am deffinately sticking with him, as he knows both sides. My Rhum. dr. ( that only knows how to prescribe meds,) doesn't believe in natural means of healing.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-30-2007 at 05:12 PM. Reason: disallowed website

Old 11-30-2007, 06:12 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Sco24 HB User

Hey whatis:

my suggestion for you would be to follow an MS-like diet.. are you familiar with that? it's also called the Best Bet Diet.. it's perfect for autoimmune disease, takes into acount the autoimmune process and molecular mimicry, etc. and is very anti-inflammatory.

i had hashimoto's thyroiditits, which is autoimmune before cutting out gluten/wheat/dairy, which then the antibodies went away. as for other symptoms there really weird, ranging from low-blood sugar feelings to all out HORRIBLE ACHYNESS symptoms like i have the flu.. that's when i eat dates! and i love dates, darnit.. haha.. i use to eat them a lot and finally i got allergic to them (leaky gut) which really upsets me so yeah.. you'll definitely feel better once you can heal the leaky gut and avoid food allergens..

what type of food allergy tests did you have and through what lab? were they the ELISA food allergy test through meridian lab or immunolaboratory?

ttyl

Old 12-01-2007, 05:58 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

whatishappening HB User

Hi. I had my allergy testing through my natural dr. When i had my consultation, he suspected that it was food allergies all along. It was the injections of syrum underneith the skin. It has been one week today that i started cutting out gluten, dairy, eggs, sugar and soy. What's wierd is that my knees ( the main source of my problems) feel worse than before i started this diet ! What is going on with that ... Now for you... eating too many dates caused the allergic response, i guess?? My doc. says everything in moderation. I will deffinately look at that diet you suggested for me, thanks ! What do you think about citrus foods affecting LGS ?? Ttyl

Old 12-01-2007, 11:34 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Sco24 HB User

not too sure about citrus foods.. i got sensitive to those as well... rediculous. As for your knees how much fish oil or omega 3 supps are you taking? you just have to make sure your supplementing or at least trying to make up for nutrients your not getting with food your cutting out.

have you mentioned the knee pain to your doc?

So for the allergy test that was the RAST skin ***** test? I'm not sure but maybe your knees are bothering you because there's more food allergies that weren't picked up with the allergy test you had. I heard the ELISA food panel is one of the most accurate. But who knows, i guess you could always talk to your doc about that.

Maybe your body is purging toxins and that's why your feeling a bit worse before you feel better? I read about a few people who felt worse when starting the diet. are you drinking a ton of water? OOOOOOOOOOOr, haha, it doesn't have much to do with food at all. what's your diet consist of now anyhow? what do you eat on a normal day?

talk to you later
scott

Old 12-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

whatishappening HB User
Cool Re: Leaky gut STILLLLL

Hello ! Maybe your right about the " getting worse before getting better thing." I read lots about that... even know my dr. never heard of such a thing. But anyway here goes my diet:

Breakfast - bananna ( yucky mixed powder drink from dr. ) and rice cake with apple butter

Lunch- romaine salad with carrots and chicken with vinagerette dressing.

Snack- cashews or almonds

Dinner- fish,rice and some kind of green vegi.

And once again, yucky drink mix. ( different one for night time )

That's basically it ! I do take fish oil twice daily along with glutamine pills.
Man, it's hard to eat this way especially when the holidays are here !!! How long did it take before you felt better? I really need some inspiration to keep me going !! Thanks for all your responses, they really help !

Old 12-02-2007, 02:56 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

hi all , this is interesting , im not sure if i have leaky gut but i have on and on antibiotics and have had a sore throat and tummy it feels so inflAMMED AND THE Tissue feels damaged sorry about caps!
i have hashis , so this diet would benefit hashsi people aswell,??
so what basically can you eat , and is red meat out of the picturexxxxxxx
thanks form katxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by pursie; 12-02-2007 at 12:37 PM.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:47 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

whatishappening HB User

Hello. My doc. said a basic diet consisting of fish, brown rice, veggies, nuts ( not peanuts) and water is the healthiest !! He said that especially red meat is a NO and not too much chicken too ! Basically because you are eating all the bad stuff the animals eat, makes sense.) I guess unless it is organic ??? I am not sure on that one.
Oh, and Scott. Regarding my knees, they have been drained numerous times and for some reason, they have been the main part of my probs. I have been on Prednisone and Methotrexate for like six months now so god only knows how bad i would be if not on it now ! I thought being on all these meds i would feel better, right ? Maybe only 50%. I just know that what you eat consists of 50 percent of your health, makes sense. Not too many people are smart enough to look into helping themselves by eating correctly. Most listen to medical docs. that don't know much about nutrition and just about medicating. Sad. Scott, are you going to do anything different since your last showed that LGS still existed? TTYL Deb

Old 12-02-2007, 07:09 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

thanks ,
ok so basically we have to lead a very strict diet wow it sounds awfull how long does this have to go on for ??
and suagr is out of the picture aswell lol ah well its worth it i heard that having strong laxatives cleanse some of that bad stuff out aswell thanks again love from katxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 12-02-2007, 11:51 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

Sco24 HB User

pursie

sorry to hear of your troubles. what you can do is get a lactulose/mannitol test to see if you do have leaky gut.. also, have you had food allergies tested? if so, which test?

after you cut out things you are allergic to there are really, A LOT of things to eat. when i first started eating this way i felt like crying.. haha.. but the alternative was have no control over my life or how i felt, and to just leave it up to doctors, (who in the case of many diseases including autoimmune) have NO CLUE how to help you but put you on DRUGS DRUGS DRUGS that have a great chance of making you feel worse off. So, diet, in my view, is the one thing that can drastically improve how you feel, how your body functions, and gives you some sense of control over your life.

So, regarding hashimoto's, its proven even in western medicine that the antibodies are associated with gluten intolerance.. not for all, but for a lot... when people cut out gluten for 6 months average, the antibodies went down. now, even if that's not you, the diet is really good for inflammatory reactions in your body.

Basically it's a paleolithic diet, what the "cavemen" use to eat.. it's ideally suppose to actually encourage the eating of "wild game" meaning chicken, deer, ostrich, turkey, etc. etc. whatishappening is right, that don't buy conventional if you can.. get organic, or grass fed... because if basically do eat when that animal did... but organic is fine, i eat it a lot.. fish is great too, but try and get the least mercury toxic there is, like alaskan wild salmon..

before you know it there's a TON of fruits, veggies, nuts, wild-game meat, you can eat.. your suppose to try to keep grains to a minimum (just have to see how you feel when you eat a lot and when you don't).. this is really important... the ratio of good fats to bad fats in your body... (IMPORTANT, DON'T FREAK OUT OVER DOING ALL THIS AT ONCE, START WITH THE DIET BASICS, THEN CONERN YOURSELF W/ THE OTHER STUFF.. all at once can be overwhelming at first.. so don't panic.) The good fats are like omega 3s etc. and are anti-inflammatory.. while other fats, like omega 6 are inflammatory.. obviously both are good for health, but they have to be in the right ratio... now days, the western diet is estimated to be a ratio of like 20:1 omega 6:3... but it should be like 2:1 or 1:1 in favor of omega 3. this has a HUGE impact on the inflammtory response in the body.. controlilng immune system and everything else.. this is not hard to do, especially if your not locked up by a bunch of food allergies like i am.. but again, some people will have to be more strict than others,, just have to see how you feel and how far you have to take it.. overall this can be really healthy, and you can add more foods in depending on your own body.

Also, there's a cafe near my home that is called Cafe Gratitude.. they make foods that are along the lines of this.. and they are GREAT. you can make nut ice cream, nut pie.. its really almost better than real sugar.. if you guys ever want the recipe let me know.. its a ton of stuff.. so don't worry, there are things to eat, but its basicaly you that has to make them.. most people get impatient and want to go BUY something already made.. because well,.... its faster. haha.

whatishappening

as for my leaky gut i'm going to go see a woman up in seattle regarding mercury to make sure, or at least rule out any possible role it could be playing in my leaky gut... then pursue some parasite testing and bug testing.. then possibly load up on bug killing herbs after that to make sure NONE are in my system.. then down the road if my allergies are still buggin me i'm giong to do some allergy shots called LDA.. use to be called EPD by a Dr. Shrader in New Mexico. apparently they work really well and can even be used for autoimmune disease (fibromyalgia, lupus, etc.)

but for now, i'm hoping i can just heal this up on my own and pinpoint the cause of it.

do you ever notice anything that triggers your knee problems? when did they start? what is the dignosis on that?

ttyl
scott

Old 12-02-2007, 12:32 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

thanks so much scot,
ok i think i remeber you on the thyroid boards do you tremeber me???? there is someone to a similar name to yours i think its scoot??, so yes i would love for you to be able to share your recipes and what nots, i do exersize and have a good diet but what im doing wrong is i have red meat and alot of it and i cant really afford the organic stuff but i might just buy it for me and cook it and leave it in the fridge to last afew days the veg arnt organic but i could gte some fruit dosnet have to be does it and i could buy some omega 3 oil capsules form the health food shops i do drink alot of suagr free hot choc so where do you think i can improve scot and thankyou thanks so much for your time of trouble you may have just made me stop! and think for a miniite , i thought i was on a reasnable diet thing is i have to be treated for anaemia now this means i do need alot of red meat could this be ok if its organic i have to be carefull it also sounds like this diet may be a good weight loss idea aswell ???? so what do you think can i still change it round im extreemly fed up i have had infection after infection the latest one was bad kidney ifn it could have turned to septis as the dr said im on my 9th lost of biotics for this year alone !
so lets just say i feel really ill i have 3 little kids to look after and all this started before i was 30 im now 37 and had my life pulled form under me im weak and ill sure i have had damage form the biotics but all the infections might not have been helped form my smoking wich i have got down to 2 ciggies day at my wits end is an understatement thanks scott so much please can you give me alittle hint in the right direction lots of love katherinexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxps how old are you scott and do you or did you smoke???????????????????????????????

Closed Thread