It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2007, 09:50 AM   #1
(female)

gina36 HB User
What Causes Chronic Uterica

What Causes Chronic Uterica? What Are List Of Systoms?

Old 11-27-2007, 10:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: What Causes Chronic Uterica

Do you mean chronic urticaria, meaning hives? That is a condition in which you have frequent or constant allergic-type rashes over large parts of your body for no known reasons.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2007, 11:08 AM   #3
(female)

bara81 HB User

i think i might have this....

can someone check out my post to see?

Old 11-30-2007, 02:21 PM   #4
(female)

dizzymommy HB User

I had cold urticeria for a few years. I was basically allergic to the cold. The doctors couldn't figure it out, then one day I was at a friends house and her mom had a nursing book and I told her that I thought I got it when I got cold (like i'd eat ice cream and my lip would swell, or if the cold air hit me I'd break out EVERYWHERE into a hidious raised bumpy rash). There really was such a thing as being allergic to the cold! I finally outgrew it (I was in high school). So, just know that it could be from any number of sources, try charting when you get it, like what you ate, if you were cold or hot, etc. Good luck!

Old 12-01-2007, 09:53 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

CheerAngel HB User

I found out I have cold urticaria, but was first dx as chronic idiopathic urticaria. Most of the time, no known cause can be found for chronic urticaria. Unlike acute urticaria which is mostly caused by food allergy. CU can be from food, physical urticaria(cold/heat/pressure...etc), infections, autoimmune disorders, some medical conditions, etc. It's hard to identitfy but you can help yourself and your doctor by keeping a diary. Record everything down, place, time, date, weather, what you are doing, what you ate, things you come in contact. It's not easy to do so but you might find something out of it.

Usually antihistamines are good enough to keep the hives at bay. Some need more than 1 type of antihistamines, or I call a combo to find relieve from hives.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:40 PM   #6
(female)

bara81 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzymommy View Post
I had cold urticeria for a few years. I was basically allergic to the cold. The doctors couldn't figure it out, then one day I was at a friends house and her mom had a nursing book and I told her that I thought I got it when I got cold (like i'd eat ice cream and my lip would swell, or if the cold air hit me I'd break out EVERYWHERE into a hidious raised bumpy rash). There really was such a thing as being allergic to the cold! I finally outgrew it (I was in high school). So, just know that it could be from any number of sources, try charting when you get it, like what you ate, if you were cold or hot, etc. Good luck!
i think i have heat ones.im pretty sure.

i noticed you said you USE to have it.

so it does go away?

how can i make thme stop?

Old 12-15-2007, 11:29 AM   #7
(female)

Poppet65 HB User

allegies cause urticaria

you should be tested by an allergist to find out
what you are allergic to

you may be surprised that the foods you enjoy
the most are causing allergic reactions