Originally Posted by doug777
table salt has about 5% flowing agent in it (plastic). try organic sea salt. it has minerals as a bonus.
My brother and I are highly allergic to Sea Salt!!!!!!
It took 2 exposures for us to realize it. About 2 hours after dinner we were covered in hives from our scalp to mid body. Being from a family that had absoutely no experience with allergies....we did not connect the dots. Just couldn't figure out why we had hives and were hot and itchy all over. The reactions happened in the mid 90's. We were both in our early 30's.
The first exposure happened after sprinkling some of it on a baked potato. We were in a restaurant in Alabama and it was on the table.
The second exposure was in florida. Again it was on the table and we sprinkled it on french fries that time. Before this neither of us had ever had an allergic reaction to anything in our lives.
We were told it had to be something in the process that makes it edible. Some additive.
Sea salt is now becoming popular. Friday's Restaurants now use it and have it on the tables. Campbell soups are starting to use it too.